We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

going to skala on the 4th sept,,,, anyone know any good car hire companys with reasonable rates thanks in advance people

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
812 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

Hi Gordon

Try Greekstones. He is based in Skala, lots of good reports on this forum. We found him very good value and very helpful. Also a good car. Think they have a website, try www.greekstones-rentacar.com.

Have a great time,

Yiamass, Jean

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

wehave used Venus for last 5 years Kostas very reliable will deliver and pick up at your hotel in Scala also doesnt charge extra insurances. includes CDW and FDW

info@venusrental.gr.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
145 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

If I'm not too late........

I too would totally recommend Greekstones. Been to Skala 3 times, used them every time. Unless you want or need to splash out, no real need for anything more than a Matiz. We had one with air con and electric roof and it was perfect. Word to the wise....we found quite a few petrol stations don't accept credit cards - cash only. See the big man called Antonis - he is a real crack. And don't forget to haggle! He will do you a deal. Rent with confidence.

Anything else?

South Wales
Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

We've been to Skala 3 times & have used both Greekstones & Pefanis. Both were excellent & very similar in price. It's probably worth booking with Greekstones just to have the experience of meeting Antonis!!

However, it might be worth booking online ahead of your stay. We did this year & it was definately cheaper. You don't pay anything online you just book the car you want & for how long. Then you pay when they deliver the car to your hotel. I agree that you only need a small car. You'll be lucky to get into 4th gear!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

Greekstones everytime for us. Antonis has become a friend not only the car hire guy. Highly recommended.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
145 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire

Ps.

I agree with Trefin. If you feel confident with the positive reports on here about Greekstones (any you really should), go to their website and ping off an e.mail reserving the car of your choice. Malis (Antonis's Brother) will e.mail you back with confirmation and the price including all discounts. Take that e.mail in to Greekstones and say "I'm not paying that!!" and Antonis will tell you he has 10 children to support and 4 ex-wives and then still do a deal.

7. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations