We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefalonia Excursions

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Kefalonia Excursions

Hi, We have just booked to come to Kefalonia for a week at the end of May at the Teroso Blu hotel. Are there any nice excursions or places we can visit without a car? Is getting a boat to Ithaca or Zante easy? I have seen the Thomsons Excusions but it will become quite pricey to do a few of these. Any tips welcome? It's my first trip to Greece. Thank you in advance!

Manchester
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

You say you are staying at the Teroso Blu hotel you do not say where it is but I am assuming it is the one in Skala. This resort is between two ports one is Sami for Ithaca ( Vathy & Pissaetos) and the second is Pessada for Zante. It is possible to take a taxi to get to these ports and take the ferry but it maybe more costly than the excursion itself. A car might be the best way as you can hire for three days and the forth day free (most years) and then you can pay just the foot passenger rate but then you will not get to see the Islands at there best, in general a Island tour of some sort is included in organized trips.

Staying in Skala you will find several private companies offering trips and should you be wanting to do both Islands try for a discount, it is not unusual for holiday makers to ask for something extra for there Euros.

I am including a link which you will be able to get more information.

agnitravel.com/kefalonia_travel_guide/island…

Manchester
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

Just noticed I missed out one of your questions hope this link will provide some answers to "Are there any nice excursions or places we can visit"

Click on this link:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g664630-i12150-k…

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

Hi

If you are staying in Skala you can do the trip to Ithaka with Captain Vangelis, departs from the beach in Skala , bookable next door to the Anassa Hotel.A trip to Ithaka is a must .Also have a look at www.panem-tours.com.We can personally recommend both of these.

Enjoy your trip to Kefalonia we travel on the 20th May , there is something about Kefalonia that keeps drawing you back.

london
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

Thank you for all of your help. Yes, we are staying in Skala. I will take a look at all of the links. :-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

Hi there

Definitely book the trips from a local agency and not from the hotel or the tour operators, both of whom will charge about 15-20% more for an identical trip, and you'll find yourselves on the same coach as those who have paid considerably more than you have done.

The Ithaca trip is stunning, and usually done on a small, 14-15 seater minibus due to the terrain and steep roads and bends on the island.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

can reccomend Capt Veangellis tours boat is on the beach does a great day in Ithica and Trips around the island.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
901 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

You are ideally based to take in Captain Vangelis boat tours which like others would highly recommend..As Sam1962 advises the boat leaves form outside the Anassa hotel just a short stroll from where you are based.There is a table outside the hotel and you just put your name down in the book for the relevant tour you want to go on and then just pay on the boat, you get a discount if you book a second trip or more....The Ithaca trip is excellent and would also recommend the trip to Fiscardo which is a beautiful place to visit, this trip also gives you the option to visit Melisani Lake at Sami which is very much a "must do" when visiting Kefalonia.

Kefalonia is very diverse and the boat trips give you a great opportunity to see different parts of the island that are very different to Skala.

8. Re: Kefalonia Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations