We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skala Beach

UK
Level Contributor
221 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Skala Beach

Hi, Have booked for Anassa Hotel in June and, so far, am quite pleased with my choice. We do like to spend time on the beach/in the sea, and I've just read in a post on here that the sea shelves very quickly on Skala beach. As I am not a strong swimmer and my husband doesn't swim at all, this is quite a disappointment. Can anyone tell me how quickly the water gets deep, and if there is a safer beach nearby? Thank you.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skala Beach

We've been to Skala 3 times now. Each time we hired a car (you really should do to appreciate Scala's beauty), and everywhere we went, we prefered the beaches, Sami, Antisamos (I think). There are beaches everywhere if you go and look for them and in my opinion, better. Because of that, we never used Scala beach. Don't be dissapointed by my post, the island is still heaven on earth.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skala Beach

If you hire a car few Klms away is Mounda beach and a little further Kamina beach very sandy and shallow water .

we often go to these beaches and we stay near LourdasGreat pool at Anassa

we stayed there in 2007.

I f you dont hire a car think about booking a Taxi out and arrange a pick up time back.

UK
Level Contributor
591 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skala Beach

Mounda and kamina. Are shallow for miles out..5mins drive from scala..there used to be a water taxi from scala to katelios which has a shallow beach too.presume it still runs

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skala Beach

Agree with Scubagoose above however, as long as your not bothered by a few nudists you can always visit the very far end of Skala beach by the large rocks where it is shallower and has some lovely little sheltered areas and does not drop away into the sea as severely

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
667 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skala Beach

I found the beach to shelve too steeply for my daughter although the sea was calm when we were there so we carried her out and swam with her.

Anti Samos (mentioned above) is pretty much the most beautiful beach in the world - pebbles but crystal clear water and a horse shoe bay surrounded by tree covered hills.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skala Beach

Hi there, we are staying in The Anassa from 24th May for 2 weeks (infact we are getting married on the boat that leaves from the beach there). No matter where you go in Kefalonia you will find safe and beautiful waters to swim in, so please don't worry. I have been twice before and I don't really "do the sea" but I do on this Island...everywhere is gorgeous, just some places are more gorgeous than others.

Have a great holiday

Roc 15

Cumbria
Level Contributor
74 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skala Beach

The shelf is reasonably steep but if you stick close to the shore you will be fine. Ketelios beach is a lot shallower and you can reach there by taxi boat which picks up on the beach just outside the Paspalis and Annasa. I had my honeymoon in Cephalonia and its an amazing place lots of good memories. If you can I reccommend a glass bottom boat trip thats from Argostoli and take you to Rabbit Beach on a small island .The beach there is amazing you can walk a good 100 feet out and its only up to your waist. Enjoy

stockport
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skala Beach

We go this Sunday so hope to see a beautiful bride our first time but booked the hotel from all the good reviews about it being so friendly. julie

9. Re: Skala Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations