We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Skala

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire in Skala

Hi. We are going to Skala next weekend for 2 weeks and think we will probably hire a car for a week of our stay. Is it better to arrange this before we travel due to cost etc or will it be as cheap to book it in the resort? - Can anyone recommend a reputable car hire firm? Many thanks

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Greekstones are a good reputable company who have an office in Skala. You can pre-book with them via their website if you wish. You will be out in Skala at the same time as me! I go next weekend, and can't wait.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
920 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Skala

We used Pefanis car hire last year whilst in Skala no deposit no card details required when booking,door to door drop off and pick up and excellent service.

From the many previous forum posts on this subject I would agree Greekstones are a good sound option as well.

You need a car, Kefalonia is a large island and vastly different area to area and you should travel and explore as much as you can.

england
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Skala

I have used greekstones many times and can highly recommend them. Book online before you go as it is cheaper.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Skala

weve used venus renta car from Katelios all insurances included good reliable service used Kostas for 7 years.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Skala

We were in Skala last month.Hired our car from Alamo in the airport.But if we went to Skala again we wouldn't hire at the airport.We would hire in Skala.All the Greekstones cars that were parked at our hotel (Tesoro Blu) were in very good order and as they are local I would hire from them.

Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Another vote for Greekstones - great firm never had any problems!

ESSEX
Level Contributor
144 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire in Skala

GREEKSTONES - every time. See the man called Antonis (see my pics) and when he tells you the cost, just say "get out of here, try again" and you'll always get a deal. He is great. See their website.

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire in Skala

I find Pefanis are better than Greekstones and even got a deal 100 euros cheaper than Greekstones for 14 day hire with better cover too boot!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire in Skala

hi. can anyone recommend a good car hiring company in kefalonia. we wld like the car ready for us at the airport and then leave the car at the airport when we leave kefalonia?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,472 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire in Skala

Hi ashp27,

The firms mentioned in this thread all deliver and collect from the airport.

I have used Alamo, Greekstones and Pefanis and had no trouble with any of them.

They all have websites.

For me, pefanis had the car I wanted and were by far the cheapest.

All the local firms now advertise "no excess at all". You pay extra for this from Alamo, Hertz etc. or did two years ago.

Hope this helps

Bob

Edited: 05 March 2013, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations