We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Lausanne
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Hello, I am looking for some info. on the cruises leaving from Scala Beach, with Captain Vangeli.

I am trying to arrange some excursions for my Sister and her husband when they spend their honeymoon on Cephalonia from the 28th August for 2 weeks. - I have seen the cruises are highly recommended!

So anyone who could offer some advise on which one to choose, and how much a cruises costs, please do!

Many thanks in advance!

Tom

Derby UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

We went on the fiskardo trip last year think it was about 35 euro`s each, plan to do the ithaka cruise when we go back in september . For a honeymoon couple i would go for ithaka cruise not much in it but to sail over to the islands sounds bit more special .

england
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Take a look at this link, it may help you decide!

www.kefalonia.net.gr/en/infoidmini.asp…

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

I would recommend both Cruises Fiscardo and Ithaca, you get a discount as well if you book more than one..

I would also recommend car hire if based in Skala for two weeks. The transport system is very very limited to say the least and Kefalonia is very diverse and has much more to offer than Skala itself.

We had a great time on the Captain Vangelis cruises last year..

One thing also to note up to last year you were not able to pre book on the internet etc etc however they did mention this year that it may be possible.

The cruises depart from outside the Anassa Hotel where they have a permanent desk which has a book left on it where you simply put your name down against the relevant cruise and day you want to book and leave your hotel contact details in case of any cancellation.. You simply turn up on the day and pay on the boat.

Bolton
Level Contributor
184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Does anyone know if Captain Vangeli still runs his cruises during October? We will be in Skala for 1 week from 21st October and, weather permitting, would like to do a boat trip of some kind during our stay. I tried to email Captain Vangeli using the link from Asty but unfortunately it bounced back.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

hi just done the fiskardo trip on cpt vengalis boat. was a fantastic day out with great views of the coastline and fantastic swim stops, was a fantastic day out the cost is 35 euros each and was well worth it.

Co. Durham
Level Contributor
29 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Ithaker cruise is a must. Great day out. Did it last week.

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Having done all the cruises many times over, I would recommended Ithaki as being my favourite. Lunch in Kioni is simply magical. But Fiskardo is also lovely and if you go on the Thursday trip it gives you time for a leisurely lunch in Fiskardo. (That was the case at end June/beginning July so I am presuming it still is.)

I was asked last year about whether the cruises run in October, and specifically asked one of the crew about this. His reply then was: Whether the boat trips run in October is reliant on two things. Firstly the weather! It can get windy in October and with safety being paramount the Captain may decide not to take the boat out. The other factor is the number of passengers. Mythos uses a lot of fuel, and needs a specific number of passengers on board just to break even on cost. However it is possible the Captain may choose to run the smaller Nautilus boat instead if there are less than that specific number of passengers. Again it is dependent on the weather as Nautilus is a smaller boat.

I am sure if Chris from the MY Mythos reads this, he will tell me if I have remembered the information incorrectly!

Edited: 03 August 2012, 16:36
Bolton
Level Contributor
184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Thank you Caroline for the information about the cuises in October, if the weather's good we'll keep an eye out for them.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

we went to Corfu last week October (Kalami bay)last year and it really was shutting down despite lovely weather. So I hope you are not disappointed in Kefalonia re boat trips and taverna openings!

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Captain Vangeli's Special Cruises - Cost / Which one?

Any news on cost For Ithaca cruise?

Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations