We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Hi , I have just looked at various 14 day weather forecasts for kefalonia and not looking that great the first 2 weeks of september :( , rain , thunderstorms etc so hope they arnt correct !!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Hi there

Well, there's nothing you can do about it so no point worrying about it. I'd rather be enjoying a beer in a bar in Kefalonia and watching the rain than sat in a bar anywhere here and doing the same.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

We're due out Sunday, looked at long range forecasts and the going greek website forecast from a local and they all look good 30's+ - possibility of some thunderstorms/showers Monday/wedensday but I think you'll find they won;t last long and the sun will come out and dry things very quickly. Islanders would appreciate a bit of rain to help with all the fires they're having at the moment. Like GB said better to be there than in the UK. We can't wait to get back out there - so enjoy and chill :)

Edited: 28 August 2012, 13:01
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

I agree with GB and Lady S G.

We expect to be there at the end of September and to hell with the weather.

Just one thing, If it rains after many days of sun then the roads become slippery - so be careful when driving!!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

We are lucky enough to go twice a year staying in Aghia Efima, end of June/first week in July and then again in September, last year September was hotter/warmer than the end of June!!! Going back on 7th September, I have looked at the forecast too, but as mentioned above, it does not last for long and like the U.K. it can be very localised. Enjoy, hopefully only getting wet with a nice cool Mythos inside and not outside!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Today's report - No rain/Thunder now :)

29/08/12 Wed 32°C/18°C 6 0% Sunny

30/08/12 Thu 33°C/20°C 6 0% Sunny

31/08/12 Fri 32°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

01/09/12 Sat 32°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

02/09/12 Sun 32°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

03/09/12 Mon 33°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

04/09/12 Tue 33°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

05/09/12 Wed 32°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

06/09/12 Thu 32°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

07/09/12 Fri 32°C/19°C 6 0% Sunny

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Hi again !

What is the most reliable weather site on the internet ? Any greek sites that have 7 day weather forecasts as they probably more accurate than british !!

Ive looked again at 3-4 different sites and virtually all are saying different so maybe all just guessing :)

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Hi Tyson

"what is the most reliable weather site . . . . ?"

I don't think there's any such thing. You might get several answers all with different answers so who or what do you believe?

Weather on the island can be extremely difficult to predict and can even vary considerably from one end of the island to the other which is probably why you are getting conflicting information. We've been in the North (Fiscardo) at the same time as relatives who have been in the south (Lassi) and have had vastly different weather even though only 1 hr apart.

We've also sat in FIscardo in brilliant sunshine watching dramatic storms in Ithaca and Lefkada - only a couple of miles away.

One year we found that every website we could find was predicting bad weather for our visit and as we checked into the hotel we stood next to their information board which had the weather for the next 5 days as being black clouds and heavy rain, what a welcome, in reality we had one very brief sun shower (couple of minutes) otherwise brilliant sunshine for 2 weeks.

As has already been said by GB and Bob - there's nought you can do about it anyway and rather be in Cephalonia whatever the weather - believe me we were there in May when it was scorching in the UK but poor weather in Ceph, disappointing yes but still preferred to be there.

Go and enjoy!

ESSEX
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

Been to Kef. 3 times, always end Sept./ Oct. Had 1 thunderstorm which was spectacular - at night. Got tan every time.

Mold, United Kingdom
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

We are returning to Kef after a 4 year break, end of September,to 4th Oct, having been 5 times before, and the weather has always been glorious

with only one notable exception, Take a waterproof Jacket, a Jumper and swim shorts,plus plenty of suncream and you have all eventualities covered.

Looking forward to Greek salad days whatever the weather !

Edited: 05 September 2012, 13:25
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather forecast september Kefalonia

It's terrible weather here at the moment. It has rained every single day since the 11th, rained all day heavily yesterday and today. The thunder storms have been going on for 3 days, got some spectacular pictures at 5am, but should have been asleep! Instead we got no sleep as the thunder was horrendous. The shops are selling ponchos. On the plus side for anyone coming out, its due to improve Monday 17th and stay warm. It's about 23 degrees here now. Yahoo has so far been spot on with the weather here. I leave on Tuesday- what a week, 2 days of sun- not even opened a bottle of suncream! (and that's only if yahoo is correct).

Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations