We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aged parent in Skala

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
By the sea
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aged parent in Skala

I am thinking of taking my 86 year old mum back to Cephalonia. She is ok walking but not too good with hills. We want to be able to walk from the hotel into the town for a meal and people watch. We want somewhere quiet (preferably not too many children or stag parties) I am considering Nine Muses - any advice?

Berkshire
Level Contributor
164 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aged parent in Skala

Hello,

There is a quite steep hill to climb in order to get into the town / high street where all the restaurants are. However, it only takes about 6 mins or so to climb, and you could take it very gently. Skala is a lovely place, and the nine muses is a lovely hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
584 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aged parent in Skala

katelios is flatter if you stay near the beach... is the big hotel there Utopia? lovely tavernas along the beachfront there great for people watching .

ESSEX
Level Contributor
144 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aged parent in Skala

There are fantastic seafront eateries without having to go up the hill, so maybe you could get a 6 euro taxi for the times you want to get in the middle of things?

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
326 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aged parent in Skala

Nine Muse is in a lovely setting and a nice hotel. Have you considered the Big Village Hotel which looks really nice, gets good reviews and is more central and would avoid the need to tackle the hill, steps or slope??

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aged parent in Skala

I for one second the idea of take your mum to Katelios it is a place that she will love and the locals are so friendly nice accoms along the sea side Medusa etc and Katelios taverna is a must visit also the garden restaurant

By the sea
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aged parent in Skala

Thanks so much for all the info!

7. Re: Aged parent in Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations