We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local transport

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
local transport

everyone talks about hiring a car, what is the public transport like?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local transport

There isn't any to speak of hence the need for hiring a car :)

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local transport

Your choice is really a hire car, taxis, boat trips or coach trips. There are a few buses which go to and from Argostoli but the timetable is set for those working, not tourists. I honestly wouldn't rely on being able to get a bus. The taxi service is very good & the drivers very helpful, but of course would work out expensive if you want to do more than a couple of trips, which is why hiring a car is often the best bet.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local transport

From a tourist point of view non existent. I never saw a public transport bus so its either a taxi,hire car or signing up for a specific trip. At the airport there were shuttle cars taking new arrivals 4 at a time to collect there hire cars

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local transport

Hi,

If you are thinking of hiring a car for the whole holiday and you do not have a transfer included in your package it makes sense to hire one to collect from, and return to, the airport as this will save you about 55 euros each way in taxi fares. Look at Pefanis, Greekstones, CBR, Venus car hire, all reliable local companies.

Bob

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: local transport

Unfortunately pretty non existant. I've never been a public bus in all my years visiting

Prague, Czech...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: local transport

I am thinkg of using local transport in combination with hire of car.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: local transport

ha ha no buses!!! I just love Greece. I would fancy a jeep/car for three days and hire a speed boat for a day which I see you can do in skala. Im not much for pre booking( we have a transfer inc) so I would like to choose my days to hire when I am there. what do you think my chances are in the last week of September?

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: local transport

Hi,

Pretty good at the end of September.

Just note that the hire cost from most boat hire companies does not include fuel which can add another 20+ euros depending on size of boat engine and how far/fast you go.

Bob

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: local transport

yes we have hired one before but usually split the bill with our friends. this holiday is just the two of us. you are right it will be pricey, but hey!! we will be on our jolly holidays :)

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: local transport

Agreed!!

Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations