We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather now?

Berkshire
Level Contributor
164 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Weather now?

Anyone out in Skala at the moment - what's the weather actually like now? Thanks

halifax
Level Contributor
881 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Weather now?

Oh dear sorry the weather has taken a turn for the worse for you Bob but if its any consolation its been horrendous here since we arrived back on Saturday and at least it will pick up for you its showing wall to wall sunshine for the rest of the week after today on holiday weather.com

Sorry we missed you Sue

Edited: 16 September 2013, 17:55
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Weather now?

hope its lovely and sunny for you all tomorrow, thanks for letting us know what is going on.

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Weather now?

Yes, torrential but warm rain yesterday and a big thunderstorm. The mountain was lost in the dark angry clouds. The sea was very rough and the little beach round the rocks in Skala just disappeared under water for a few hours. It was an awesome sight and I actually loved it. The beach has changed this morning, sand to the right, stone to the left nearer the rocks. It's why I love this island - it's a living entity.

The sun is back this morning, the air temperature heating up, our mountain is in full view again and I'm off to the beach!

Safe travels to all who are coming out this week.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Weather now?

We are coming out on 26th. Any idea what the weather is forecast to be like then?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Weather now?

We are coming out to Skala on 26th. Any idea what the weather is forecast to be?

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Weather now?

see my reply in your other thread Jacqui

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Weather now?

thanks keep the weather reports coming they are great.xx

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Weather now?

what's the day been like today?

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Weather now?

Nicely warm, no rain, bit of cloud this morning, but very windy. That was in Kaminia on the beach this morning. I went into Skala earlier this evening, no wind then, warm. But do bring a pashmina or light cardi for later evenings now as it can get cool if there is a breeze blowing and the sun has gone down, There is the most beautiful moon over the Ionian Sea tonight, clear skies - I think it's full tomorrow. I've been standing on the balcony of my apartment which overlooks the little beach just round the rocks outside Skala, and it just takes my breath away.

The sea is still very warm by the way, lovely for swimming, and probably a lot warmer than any of the hotel pools!

Devon
Level Contributor
303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Weather now?

carolinelaw, we always go to that little beach and sandy coves around the rocks at the end of skala beach. It always amazes me how every year the winter storms alters this area and shifts the sands

Get answers to your questions about Skala