We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zephyros or marietta ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Zephyros or marietta ?

Can't decide between these two. Any tips appreciated

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,111 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

Hi,

If nobody who has stayed at these places gets back to you, have you looked at TripAdvisor reviews? Many comment on Zephyros being up a steep hill. However in the Manos brochure they comment on Marietta being on a "hillside location" although it does not get these comments in the reviews.

Bob

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
341 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

We've never stayed at the Zephyros but stayed at the Marietta a few times. I think you will find that the Zephyros is a nicer hotel but it is quite a bit further out than Marietta. We found the Marietta to be quite basic but perfectly adequate. Marietta is about a 10 minute stroll from the main street.

Hope this helps.

ESSEX
Level Contributor
145 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

Hey Princess!

Never stayed at Maietta but stayed at Zephyros 3 times.

Can not speak highly enough of Zephyros. No negatives at all. It is hillside location, but then you get stunning views, and with taxi's 5 or 6 euro from Scala town, I wouldn't worry. Just walk down the hill and get a taxi back! But you'll prob be hiring a car anyway?

Is this your first time?

I stand corrected, but thought Marietta was further out than Zeph? Zeph is up the side of Nine Muses.

I'm not a destination expert, but have been there 5 times and seen a lot, so anything you want to know.....?

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
77 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

Stayed at Zephyros many many times, wonderful lcation, Andreas, Vula and the family are great hosts making you feel so welcome, and there are many return guests which i think speaks volumes for the hotel

hope this helps

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

We have booked for Zephyros late August to attend a wedding there, can't wait. We compared the same hotels and Zephyros won for us :) xx

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

We are going to the Zephyros for the first time on 13th May 2014 so will post reviews on our return a week later!! Looking forward to it!

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
78 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

In terms of location I'd say Zephyros too. Marietta may be a bit closer to the centre, but is right on the main road. Zephyros is at a stunning location on the hillside, with amazing views. Yes the hill can be a slog in the height of summer, but taxi's are only 5 euros if that is a problem

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

Thanks!!!

9. Re: Zephyros or marietta ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations