We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport ,,,again ?

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
east sussex
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
passport ,,,again ?

Hi

Off to Skala on the 6th of may ,, first time, however my current wife is worried that on our uk passports we only have 3 months left. traveling with Thomson on Norwegian air. will this be a problem at check in. uk.gov says as eu it is ok to travel but do air lines have different rules.

Might hire a car , but we prefer to use buses as when we travel it feels you get "closer" , what are the bus services like on the island

Thanks in advance

Chris

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport ,,,again ?

Hi,

You do not need any excess on your passport to visit Greece, it only needs to be valid for the duration of your trip.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,499 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport ,,,again ?

Hi,

Bus service not designed for tourists. Picked up bus timetable yesterday. Only bus from Skala to Argostoli leaves at 6am. Returns leaving Argostoli at 2:30pm. Nothing on weekend. Local bus to Poros but not shown on this timetable.

Car hire is a good idea. I am using phone so will leave others to suggest car hire links!

east sussex
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport ,,,again ?

hire car it will have to be then,,I have seen your previous links to rentals,,

many thanks Chris

UK
Level Contributor
816 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport ,,,again ?

Current wife! Are you considering a swap half way through your hols! :-)

Let me know how it goes and I might consider something similar myself!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your holiday. SJL

Level Contributor
3,104 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport ,,,again ?

Nice 1 SJL!!! If I'd put "current wife" it would be deaf & dumb dinner for a while!! Anyway last year went with 6weeks left on passport

east sussex
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport ,,,again ?

she has been "current" for 29 years so no immediate plans and she says no one else would be daft enough to have me, so Skala looks a safe place to enjoy some good food and wine together

UK
Level Contributor
816 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport ,,,again ?

Strange..my 'current' wife of 26 years says exactly the same about me!!!

I see a common thread here. Perhaps all women 'of a certain age' are all in cahoots 'cos they know we are 'hunks' really and so if they all just say that no one else would be daft enough to have us then we'll just nod in agreement...

A cunning plan me thinks.... SJL

Edited: 20 April 2014, 14:23
8. Re: passport ,,,again ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations