We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

Hi,

Really excited, only a few days to go. I have a few last minute questions though...

From the Tesoro Blu to the centre of Skala where the tavernas and Skala beach are, how much is it likely to be in a taxi in the evening? Are there taxis available in the centre of Skala to take us back to the hotel in the evening? I would assume we will walk down in the day time, is it an easy enough walk?

Captain Vangelis - Can someone remind me where he is based and what times he is likely to be open to enquire about booking a trip if they are running this early. Also, I would assume the tavernas in the centre of Skala will be open for tourists from next week? It's not too early?

We are staying for a week (half board) We are taking £700 in euros (Will have a few hundred English money just incase) Do you think our euros will be enough or shall we take more? We plan on taking a couple of boat trips, grabbing a light lunch every day, eating out in local tavernas a couple of evenings whilst we are there. We are not big drinkers, sticking to soft drinks in the day with the odd shandy, in the evening I'll be having a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of cocktails, other half will stick to a few beers.

Happy hours/Bars - Any decent bars near the hotel? I've heard of a bar called Waves not too far from the hotel, do they have a happy hour? Any other bars in Skala that do a good happy hour, what times etc...?

Lastly - the weather!! Any idea what it will be like over the next 2 weeks? What's the most reliable online forecast to have a look at?

Thanks in advance

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
993 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

The hotel is an easy 15/20 mins walk into the main high street and along the way midway you will pass the Anassa hotel where outside you will find captain vangelis but not sure if he operates this early in may. Plenty of bars offer happy hour. Captain Vangellis cruises are excellent.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

Hi folks

Captain Vangelis starts tomorrow (5th May) if there is enough demand.

Bob

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,003 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

The walk isn't far at all and the beach is virtually across the road from the hotel so no need for taxis there.

Most walk into Skala early evening and if you feel necessary there is a taxi rank in Skala centre, they take the mick a little in my opinion on charges compared to other holiday destinations. I'd say approx €5 it's only around 15 mins walk though.

Captain Vangelis table is situated right next door the Anasa Hotel which is on the beach road as you head into Skala. There's usually someone there early evening otherwise you can just leave your name and what trip you wish to do on the sheet on the table when nobody is manning the desk.

There's several happy hours..........in fact most of the bars do including Waves early evening and thr 9 Muses hotel Avra Bar, on the beachfront.

This past post should help with some other info re the hotel etc. tripadvisor.co.uk/…56569176

Money wise for a week I'm sure that will be fine...........there are 3 cashpoints in Skala should you need them though

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

thanks for the replies, guys.

I was under the impression that Skala beach was a 15 minute walk away from the hotel? The reviews of the beach that the hotel is on are poor.

I'm desperately hoping it's warm enough to catch a bit of a tan!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

Hi John,

Based on last year in Kefalonia, though not Skala, it was warm enough to sunbathe most days,the sea was warm enough to swim in but not warm enough to stand around in and chat. Evenings were a bit chillier and I needed a long sleeved shirt. We had one overcast morning, one afternoon shower and one fantastic thunderstorm at about 10pm one night.

Bob

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

Very helpful, thanks.

Just so you know, my username is misleading, i'm female. Incase you are wondering why i'm talking about wanting to wear a bikini, haha!

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,003 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

Hi..........the link I posted in your first post (linked above Post 1. ) has a Google type street-view map..........you can see the entire each road from your hotel along with the beach and Captain Vangelis Table so to speak, it'll also give you a good idea of the distance to town.............just drag the blue man to the purple line and your hotel is at the of the beach road

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

Hi again,

You hadn't mentioned a bikini in this thread!! Don't forget to take it!!

You will probably need a light cardigan or pashmina in the evenings then

Have a great time

Bob

9. Re: A few last minute questions..Off to the Tesoro Blu this week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations