We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

branded baby food in skala

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
branded baby food in skala

Is it possible to buy branded baby food in Skala or do I have to travel to another area?, as I do not wish to carry 2 weeks supply of food on plane or spend days of glorious Kefalonia searching. RMC

Cheshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: branded baby food in skala

There are several good super markets in Skala and a pharmacy, so as Greek locals have babies as well so you should not have a problem. Excuse the humour!

Edited: 31 May 2014, 17:20
Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
921 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: branded baby food in skala

Hi Roy

have taken my two children to Kefalonia (skala) since they where 9 months old (now nearly 15 and 12!!). I wouldn't worry too much about baby food (branded) as we have managed with eating mashed banana, toast, weetabix etc at brekkie and then some bread,cheese etc at lunch and then some mashed dinner/veg from a taverna. Greece is incredibly child friendly and will cater for babies to the best of their ability and at your request. I think we took some weetabix, baby rice cakes and bought plenty of fruit and managed fine. Also, as Anne says, the supermarkets in Skala are great as is the pharmacy. Please don't worry you will love it!!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Cheshire
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: branded baby food in skala

Just remembered while we were eating out in Lassi 2 weeks ago, a young couple came with a very young one and asked about food for the baby, only 5 minutes later food was found for the baby long before anyone else got there food. My point... as Jenny says "Greece is incredibly child friendly and will cater for babies to the best of their ability" He must have enjoyed the food as not a peep came from the little fella.

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: branded baby food in skala

Thanx for all replies, I have been to Skala twice before but not with baby on tow and I never noticed baby food whilst shopping , not that I was looking!. My daughter is a fussy "mummy" and only gives her little fella branded food .So once again thanx for your replies.

UK
Level Contributor
600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: branded baby food in skala

Solomans supermarket sells baby jars in sure.. Not sure what brand though.. They sell baked beans which are nice mashed up too

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: branded baby food in skala

thank u for ur reply Anne, but having just come back from Skala it seems greeks only feed their babies on branded name baby desserts. u can`t buy baby main meals anywhere and the desserts are equivalent of £2.99 /small jar where as it is 6 large jars for £5 in UK, so be warned parents!.

7. Re: branded baby food in skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations