We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Maria Villa, Skala

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Maria Villa, Skala

We are looking at booking a villa in Skala for next year and like the look of Anna Maria, however I can't find any reviews! It looks like it's is situated near the beach so I'm hoping that will mean a flat walk into Skala. If anybody knows anything about this Villa I would love to hear about it! Also we would not want to hire a car. Are there enough mini markets etc to suit a groups of 4 who like to BBQ in the evenings?

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

Hello - if it's this one then it is just slightly set back from the beach road in Skala, very near to Villa Costa and the Melidron Hotel:

jamesvillas.co.uk/destinations/greece/kefalo…

If this is the one, then you are within a few minutes walk of the Baligoto mini market which is next to the Regina hotel. Come out of the villa, walk the few steps to the beach road, turn left, and five minutes later you will be at the Baligoto. If you walk the other way for around 10 minutes along the beach road, you will come to Skala village itself and there is a choice of mini markets there - for example the Ionian on the front and Solomos in the high street. All the mini markets will carry what you need for a BBQ.

I don't know anything about the villa itself though. I've not heard anything bad about the villas there and certainly they look nice enough from the road.

Edited: 01 June 2014, 16:32
Uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

Thank you so much, yes that is the villa..having read a few reports of there being very little in the way of supermarkets in Skala we were worried that we wouldn't be able to self cater for a week but it seems we should be ok..I hope they stock gin!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

Hi Amanda and welcome,

The minimarkets in Skala are a bit like a tardis. They stock more than you think and in fact more than the shop owner knows! There is also a bakers and butchers. Skala is not just a resort. It has a resident population so there are shops to look after these people.

You will have a great time.

Bob

Christchurch...
Level Contributor
78 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

If they are the villas that Caroline mentions then in my opinion they are the best located villas in scala if you want a holiday close to the centre and you don't necessarily need a car unless you want to tour the island . If this is the first time in kefalonia then I would certainly recommend getting out and about as its stunning. But if you just want to chill then you've also found the perfect spot. Enjoy xx

Uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

Thank you all so much, you've been really helpful! Now just need to persuade our friends and I don't think that will be too difficult! Our son and daughter In law took their honeymoon in Kefalonia and are always raving about it..fingers crossed we will see for ourselves next year!

Edited: 01 June 2014, 18:16
East Midlands
Level Contributor
88 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

Hi we stayed in this villa in July 2014. Its fantastic! I came across your question as I wanted to add a review on here as its such a great place to stay, but cant find it listed!

The villa itself is of excellent standard, and location is great. Just set back off the main road - supermarket to the left just over 5 mins walk and to the right town is a max 10 min walk, with 4 or 5 bars/cafes on the way.

I cant recommend it enough, we had a fantastic holiday!

7. Re: Anna Maria Villa, Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations