We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in Skala

England
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Prices in Skala

We're thinking of booking a holiday to Skala in August could anyone tell me what the prices are like for a beer, glass of wine and a meal for two just to help us budget. Also is Skala the best place to go we like a nice beach and a few bars but nothing two rowdy.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices in Skala

Nowhere on Kefalonia could be described as rowdy.............they're all very laid back resorts including Skala.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,417 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices in Skala

Hi dixie,

I agree with Miss_Chief completely. Some resorts may be busier than others and Skala is one of the busier. However that means more Tavernas and café/bars not rowdiness.

Last September for two people dining in the evening we each had a starter and main course. My wife had a small water and I had a beer. We also had a half litre of house white wine. The bill usually came to 30-35€ before tip. We were often given a free dessert. We always ate "Greek" and usually from the specials board. Things like steaks were more expensive. This Easter prices had not changed.

Lunch of a drink each and a Greek salad and omelette for example was about 20€

This was not in Skala but elsewhere on the island. I doubt Skala is any different.

Hope this helps

Bob

Edited: 11 June 2014, 14:51
UK
Level Contributor
898 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices in Skala

My parents-in-law have just returned from the Karavados region (just north of skala) and they ate out most lunch and dinner times and spent on average around 20 euro a head.

milano
Level Contributor
190 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices in Skala

Large Beer 2.50-3.00, glass wine 2.00 -2.50

About meal prices there are a few restaurants that you can have great meal with 12-15 euro the person.I think the prices are resonable for a tourist resort with a qoog quality of what they serve.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices in Skala

Hi we've found the prices very reasonable. Between €30-€40 for 2 starters, 2 mains, 1/2 litre of wine and 2 beers x

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices in Skala

I agree with the 20 a head for 2 courses and a drink or 2. Our bill last night was 63 for 5 soft drinks, a kids meal, 3 mains, 4 icecreams and a cocktail! So very reasonable I think.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices in Skala

as said beer from €2.50 to €3 house wine €3 for 1/2 litre . mains from about €7 to €12 depending on choice starters vary in price. there was 3 of us on holiday and we spent on average. €48 -€60 depending if we had starters and sometimes sweet.

If we had a good lunch often shared meals as well. Greek salad between us then a mains course.

Sometimes had the specials which were always a bit cheaper and very good, normally Mousakka or Kefalonia meatpie as its cooked for that day.

Edited: 28 June 2014, 21:30
8. Re: Prices in Skala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations