We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Ithaca

Abridge essex
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Ithaca

Can anyone tell us the best day, time and boat company to use for a trip from Skala. How long is the trip and how long do you have on the Island? Where is the best place to eat in reachable distance fro Ithaca harbour.

Any other useful information regarding a trip to Ithaca would be helpful. Counting down the days to our holiday on the 20 July.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,504 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Ithaca

Hi James,

As far as I know boat excursions run from Skala, Sami, and Agia Efimia. They all seem to do the same sort of thing. :- two stops in or near a beach for swimming, two stops in towns (usually Kioni or Frikes and Vathy) for shopping or lunch. I seem to think the stop for lunch was 90 mins.

The very popular trips from Skala are by Captain Vangelis.

Last year they ran Tuesday, Friday and Sunday

http://kefalonia-cruises.gr/index.html

Panem do excursions that I think go from Agia Efimia with travel to the resort by coach Tues, Wed, Sun.

kefaloniatravel.com/island_cruises_ithaca_le…

Reviews of Vathy tavernas

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g3388759-Vathy…

The other alternative is to hire a car (checking you can take it to Ithaca), drive to Sami and get a ferry!

Hope this helps

Bob

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Ithaca

The captain vangelis cruise to Ithaca from Skala is excellent and if I were to choose one from the captain vangelis itinery that would be the one . Kioni is beautiful for lunch and the stop offs for swimming are wonderful.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 19:22
Abridge essex
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Ithaca

Many thanks for the information, we will definitely go to Ithaca for the day, may even try taking the car on the ferry if its not to expensive.

Regards Jim & Jan

4. Re: Trip to Ithaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations