We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving

Sheffield, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving

Hi we arrive at 8.00pm and are picking up our hire car from the airport, just wondering how the drive to skala is.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving

easy way to go is turn left at top of the road from airport follow Lassi sign go straight through Lassi and as you drive out there is a sign for right turn by petrol station. says Sami, Poros. Scala Just follow this and you turn left at end of road will see sign again for scala. just follow signs up passed duel carriage way. Easy you shouldnt get lost.

UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving

It will be getting dark by the time you pick up your car so unfortunately you will not be able to see the fabulous views on your trip down to Skala. You will be able to see the lights on Zanti in the distance on your right once you come passed Lourdas.

Driving isn't too bad at all when dark although there aren't many street lights. Take your time, enjoy the smell of the hot air and herbs with your window down and just take it easy!

Enjoy your holiday...SJL

Sheffield, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving

Thankyou 36 days and counting.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,425 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving

Hi Jane,

If you have a satnav that includes Greece, then it is quite useful to bring it and have it on showing "map". This will show any hairpins coming up.

If your plane is on time then as it only takes about 20 mins to get out of the airport you will have about another 30 mins of daylight

shootingonlocation.com/filmlocations/greece/…

nannasuej's route is the one I generally use but just be careful as not long after passing through Platies the main road to Poros goes straight on and the road to Skala forks right. It is signposted.

If you have not driven in Greece before then this, slightly amusing link is worth looking at.

http://www.goinggreek.info/driving.html

Have a great time.

Bob

UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving

I'm heading to Katelios soon, we've hired a people carrier as there's 7 of us. Last time I went there, I remember the taxi driver taking us up a really steep hill just as we left the airport. The way you've recommended doesn't go that way does it? Or is that just a shortcut the taxis take? Thanks.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,425 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving

Hi jacwar,

There is a shorter route that some use. It's just that nannasuej and I suggest the route above as it is easiest on your first day. Especially as you will be driving quite a large vehicle.

Here is a link to another route suggested by Rewsmissus.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g664630-i12150-k…

Enjoy the island.

Bob

7. Re: Driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations