We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel San Giorgio

Which Skala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel San Giorgio

We are looking at booking Hotel San Giorgio for 2wks in August. We are 2 families with 2 children (under 5) and 2 babies. Is this a good choice? Are there local tavernas we can walk to? Can we swim in the sea at the nearest beach (I believe is 50m away & rocky?). Is Skala a nice place to wander in the evenings?

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

Hi, I assume you've read the reviews - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g664630-d2885… it's a good 30/40 min walk into Skala from the hotel, not so bad at night but a struggle in the August heat of the day I think.. But a taxi will only be around €5 or the hotel do offer a shuttle service in and out of Skala during the day and evenings.

The hotel was discussed at length on these threads earlier in the year which may help:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g664630-i12150-k…

tripadvisor.co.uk/…58120982

tripadvisor.co.uk/…56692086

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g664630-i12150-k…

Skala is a lovely place to stroll around in the evening, very relaxed and laid back, perfect for all ages.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

Hi Clare. We, as a couple, stayed at the San Giorgio in May this year. It's a lovely hotel and we had a great time but, with a young family to think of, there are other hotels much nearer to Skala village centre that would give you easy access to lovely sandy beaches, with plenty of eateries nearby. The rocky beach near San Giorgio isn't the best in the area for swimming (great for snorkelling tho), or for taking youngsters on. Also, there can be a lot of steps to negotiate from some of the San Giorgio hotel rooms, in order to access the pools and restaurant. The walk into Skala could be punishing in August, I think, and the one mini bus the hotel runs gets booked up very quickly. There are one or two tavernas within walking distance of the hotel but most are situated within or very near to the village itself. I don't wish to put anyone off staying at the San Giorgio, because it's lovely, but, for you, I think there are better options. it's always worth looking at any hotel's location on Google Earth to get the bigger picture of how it sits within the resort. Skala is a friendly, laid back resort. I hope you decide to holiday there, I'm sure you would enjoy it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

Thanks for your replies... We have booked hotel San Giorgio as love the sound of it... and we're prepared to walk/get taxis if needs be!!

Thanks again

Edited: 17 July 2014, 11:53
Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

Hi Clare, You won't be disappointed with the San Giorgio. The staff are great and will do everything they can to make sure you have a great stay. It is definitely worth emailing them a couple of weeks beforehand to explain how your party is made up, I can vouch that they definitely take room requests on board and assist whenever they can. If you just look up San Giorgio hotel on their own website, there is an opportunity to email them direct. Good luck with that and have a great time!!😀😀

ESSEX
Level Contributor
145 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

Good choice. Stayed there twice - no complaints what so ever.

Should really consider a car for the week, makes it easy to get in to Skala town and back, plus gives you the freedom to explore the whole Island. Sami 1 hour drive, Argostolli I hour drive the opposite direction.

Go with confidence.

herefordshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

Hi, we took our grandchildren aged 3 and 1 last year. we hired a car from the airport as it can be a long drive on the coach, only 3 quarters of an hour by car, if you know where you're going.

The pools are great, there is a very shallow pool for toddlers, and three others, we have already booked to go next year Aug 2015 (free child places are available now), with our third grandchild and she will only be 1 then, hence why we couldn't go this year. I would suggest you ask for an enclosed balcony, last year our daughter's room had no private balcony so she could not let the children outside because they could run off.

Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday.

7. Re: Hotel San Giorgio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Skala
Recent Conversations