We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river fishing

Which S'illot hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
river fishing

Hi all

will be staying in Sillot in june next year , have looked at the usual stuff, you tube etc, noticed that the river is behind the beach, looks like you could pass the odd hour pleasure fishing, is fishing allowed? also does the resort suffer from MOZZIES as it is so close to the river?

cheers

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river fishing

It's a storm drain, not a river as far as I'm aware... Any area of standing water will attract mozzies but the area isn't usually bad for them.

Colonia de Sant...
Destination Expert
for Colonia de Sant Jordi
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river fishing

River fishing as it is known in the UK does not exist in Mallorca. Apart from one or two creeks, which contain no fish as far as I know, there are no true rivers in Mallorca, except after heavy rainfalls.

Edited: 19 November 2012, 15:51
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river fishing

Its packed with fish with several fisherman there. But I cant say I have seen anything caught.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
333 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river fishing

Yes..I came back yesterday and it was full of fish with many people fishing.

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: river fishing

Iam going out to sillot at end of august can any one tel me of any particular fishig tecniques r they preditory fish to b caught by spinning

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: river fishing

Iam going out to sillot at end of august can any one tel me of any particular fishig tecniques r they preditory fish to b caught by spinning

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: river fishing

I saw loads of people fishing. Some had bread they were throwing in.....

8. Re: river fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about S'illot
Recent Conversations