We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Hi all

I am looking to go away in September for five nights to Majorca. I am liking the look of the Playa Blanca Hotel, it is only a 2* but the reviews I have read are very reasonable and the low cost of the holiday it is perfect for me. I understand the hotel is near the beach.. is someone able to confirm this please? This is going to be a relaxing holiday and don't intend on doing any excursions whilst I am here but might possibly do a couple depending if something catches my eye. I am going to be staying on a room only basis and this is in a annex.. can I confirm an annex is a room with kitchen facilities? or can someone elaborate what an annex is? if so, from my understanding of it will I be able to buy food and cook myself in my room? I will be going for five nights and only need money for two/three meals a day and drinks and possibly a few souvenirs. I am not sure what the cost of stuff is in Majorca but I intend to just eat in basic restaurants nothing fancy. If someone can give me a rough idea on the average amount of spending money I will need I will be highly appreciative

Thanks in advance

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Sillot is not an expensive place to eat, there's loads of cheap places to eat along the front by the beach and along the promenade up towards Sa Coma. If you're on your own 30-40 euros a day could do you for the basics easily. Day trips tend to be 25-40 depending on what they are, you can get boat trips from the front at Sa Coma.

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Oh brilliant

What is the weather like there in September ?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

September is usually lovely, still hot and sunny and the sea at its warmest but the weather can deteriorate as the month goes on with thunderstorms and heavy downpours.

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Thank you so much for your help

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

No problem, just be aware those figures i gave will cover food, if youre a big drinker you will need more...

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

I wouldn't drink a lot as I'm going alone. Is it safe here to go alone?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Ive never seen any issues, most of the hotels are family based but we did stay at the Palmeras Playa which is up towards Sa Coma and wandered along the front to Sillot most evenings, very laid back.

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Oh good. I just came back from Malta and was there four nights. I went alone and it was very family orientated and was so trusting and safe. Thank you so much for the advice. Do you live in the uk? Have you heard of playa blanca hotel?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
5,627 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Hi, yes i live in the UK but holiday and visit Majorca regularly for work, i work for a boatbuilder. I know roughly where the Playa Blanca is, i seem to remember its one street back from Sillot beach.

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much spending money for a five night stay in Majorca?

Yeah it's only a 2* but is everything I need and I'm not going to be in the hotel a lot and apparently it's close to beach and restaurants which is all I need really

Get answers to your questions about S'illot
Recent Conversations