We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Calleo Salvaje like?

england
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Hi, I can't find a recent comment on the area. I have seen a private villa & want to know more about the resort.

We are 2 families with 6 kids ranging from 2 - 16. I want somewhere we can chill out but also walk to bars & restaurants if so we don't feel too couped up. We weren't planning on hiring a car but most of the villa descriptions say this isn't neccesary. I know there beach is pebbled but we don't mind getting on a bus. I did read there is a man made one under construction - does anyone know if this is ready yet?

The last review I can find on here thought says it is really quiet. That was in 2007 so am hoping it has changed a bit since then.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Callao is really quiet, but a lot better than it used to be a year or so ago. A couple of nice restaurants have opened, a couple of grotty bars have closed and been replaced by nice ones. The beach isn´t finished yet and only one bus in and out. www.titsa.com/index.php… There are some nice private villas at the top of the town, (which is a long steady hill but not overly steep) but do ensure before you pay any money the rental is legal as many aren´t and a lot of people have received fines. There is a lady in Callao, Chris, who is registered for legal lets and I would suggest you contact her http://jcspropertymanagement.com/default.aspx

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

england
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Hi - Thanks for the reply. What are the supermarkets like? Would we be able to get everything we need food & drink wise or would we need to go further afield? I am not bothered about branded stuff but like to use the BBQ & eat most of meals in the villa. The last villa we stayed in was in Spain - La Nucia about 5ks outside Benidorm & I think we may have been a bit spoiled - 2 big Spanish supermarkets nearby & several nice reasonably priced bars & restaraunts.

Like I said we intend to have a lovely chilled holiday but want to be able to have a walk round. We have a 16 year old who is my major concern. If there is a bar or two within walking distance, especially with a pool table he will be sorted. Am just a bit concerned it will be too quiet.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Aguilas has provided a fairly accurate description of the place. We've had a timeshare there for almost 5 years and it really suits us fine, busy enough but not hectic like PDLA and Los Cris (although the bus into PDLA only takes around 20 -30 mins). I think you'll find there are enough bars and restaurants to suit (There's even a Chinese/Indianestablishment which the locals refer to as "Chindian"!) and, as Aguilas mentioned, they are located towards the sea at the bottom of a hill so it's likely that you'll certainly burn off the calories on the walk back to your accommodation. Most of the bars are located off an indoor walkway and almost all have pool tables (so youngsters sorted there). The new beach should have been completed by Christmas but early summer looks more likely. We tend to hire a car and travel around but you'll find the buses adequate if you decide to venture out and about.

hampshire
Level Contributor
194 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Hello we have also stayed in a villa on a complex in calleo salveje, there are enough bars and restaurants also shops and supermaket, we enjoyed it when we were there, its very quiet compared to las americas but it all depends what you want, we stayed in a few nights and had a bbq which was nice, also caught the bus to adeje and a taxi back..We had a lovely time in the villa we stayed in, that we went back 3 times..

5. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 20:24
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

I love Callao Salvaje. The best restaurant by far is the Bodegon Canario (try the lamb!). You will also find a warm welcome at the Callao Spirit (sorry no pool table at this bar.)

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Travelled to Callao Salvaje in April of this year, first time my wife and myself had been, and what an enjoyable holiday it was. Callao Salvaje, yes it is quiet but loads of bars and restaurants, our favourite was ADiCO which served excellent food and very reasonable prices. If you require a quiet laid back and relaxing holiday this is your spot in the sun. ENJOY

http://inthesun.webstarts.com

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Just back from Callao, the beach was opened on May 18th, it is black sand but looks very good and safe.

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

Hi, my family are travelling to Callao Salvaje in December for the new year. We are a party of 8 with 2 children (7 & 5) staying in a villa. Can you say how far the beach is as our villa says 3/4 miles away but it looks further on the map. Also, do you know of any excursion companies over there as we would like to take the kids out but not sure who to book through. I hope we have as much fun as you all did!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,386 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is Calleo Salvaje like?

You don´t say where your villa is but I would suspect if at the top end of Callao then you will only be 300-500 metres away from the new beach. (So if three quarters of mile then correct but I initially read it as 3 to 4 miles) It is black sand, made from crushed rocks so make sure the children have light sandals as it is quite sharp on the feet.

You can check out Tenerife Sunshine's website and also talk to them on-line. I think they will more than likely pick up in Callao but they will confirm and you will also have e-tickets which in many cases are a cheaper option. the website is www.tenerifesunshine.com

Hope this helps

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Get answers to your questions about Callao Salvaje
Recent Conversations