We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Which Callao Salvaje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elgin, Moray
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First Visit to Callao Salvaje

We have booked a villa through James Villas in November, I think its located on Calle el Picon - does anyone know how far this is from the town? We don't mind walking down of an evening but would prefer to get a taxi back. Thanks

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Hi not sure where Calle el Picon is but Callao Salvaje is a small place. We had a villa at the top of Sueno Azul and it only took a maximum of 15 mins to stroll down to the centre. I have just looked on Google Earth and it does look a bit further out than where we were. You might want to consider hiring a car at the airport as I said earlier Callao Salvaje is not very big. Hope this helps

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Your villa is just off Calle el Jable, which is the main road down to the restaurant/bar area. Our apartment is not much further away than your villa and it costs us around 3.50 euros to get the taxi back (rather than walk back up the hill).

Elgin, Moray
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Thanks very much, we are getting a car and picking it from the airport

Elgin, Moray
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Thanks very much Johnboy that's very good to know! Looking forward to the holiday as we have never been to Tenerife before

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

I go along with the choice of hire car. We do the same each time we visit and always use Autoreisen, picking up the car at the airport. Although there are small supermarkets in Callao, I would recommend using the larger ones for your main shopping (especially for wine and beer). There is a Mercadonna just off the roundabout at the end of the motorway and also a Hypertrebol and Lidl ( but we find Mercadonna best quality). Los Cristianos and PDLA are only approx 15 minute drive away and just for a bit of variety, we get the local bus there for a meal/drink and a taxi back.

Maidstone, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Hi, I'm contacting from James Villas. Please let me know if you have any further questions about your villa in Callao Salvaje. We have a tenerife expert in house who knows the area extremely well.

Elgin, Moray
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Thanks JohnBoy, we have actually booked a hire car with Autoreisen to pick up at the airport and I've had a look at googlemaps re the supermarkets so think that they should be easy enough to find. I take it the local buses are pretty easy to negotiate? Would we get one by walking down into the town? Sorry to be a pain!

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Hi we are staying in Callao as well Calle El Tenique and have been told its a nice stroll down but a little longer back up. Apparently a taxi is only a few euros.

Looking forward to it now. We go 25th Oct. Also booked with Autoreisen which we have used many times in Lanzarote.

Have a good holiday.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Hi Pymmy.

Where Calle la Zahorra meets Calle el Jable there is a bus stop, which is fairly close to your villa. Can't remember the actual cost for the ride into PDLA, but it's "buttons" figuratively speaking. The route also gives you the opportunity to see bits of Adeje that you would not normally visit. Oh, and in no way are you "a pain"....advice and suggestions are what TA is all about. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,855 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Visit to Callao Salvaje

Apologies if you are a mere youngster, but every Thursday, courtesy of the Pearly Grey Hotel in Callao, they invite the over 60s to enjoy Tea, Coffee, Sandwiches and Cake from 2.30. It is a nice way to meet both residents and holiday makers to the area.

redqueenmusings.files.wordpress.com

Get answers to your questions about Callao Salvaje
Recent Conversations