We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tenerifevillasonline

Which Callao Salvaje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
tenerifevillasonline

We rented 'Villa Salvaje' on Calle el Mojon over christmas 2013. We had a great holiday however had several issues with the accommodation which certainly affected our stay. The dishwasher broke at the start of our stay (and could not be fixed, needless to say it is no fun washing up for a family of 7 all holiday!!), the tv broke after a storm (it was eventually fixed), and the kitchen was severly lacking in equipment. For example we had to buy a water jug and glasses (there were however plenty of beer glasses you get for 'free' from a local bar), and cooking utensils were very sparce.

We have contacted the agents regarding our stay and problems and asked for compensation as we feel that our holiday was negatively affected by events at the villa. HOWEVER, it has now been nearly 2 months and they continue to be very aloof and fudging the issues. For example they asked that we contact the owners regarding compensation! I STRONGLY ADVISE TO BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY. I feel that everything went well until we encountered problems and then they seem to want to put their heads in the sand.

Scotland
Level Contributor
131 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tenerifevillasonline

We stayed in this villa end of August beginning September last summer. Booked through the same agents as you. We too were disappointed with it. Kitchen whilst looking lovely lacked equipment and decent glasses. It had not been cleaned very well. When we arrived, in fact one of the kitchen drawers still had sweets in it and small ants were crawling over them. We were also unfortunate enough to get up every morning to cockroaches in the kitchen. When we enquired with the agent about the villa prior to booking I told them we had a nearly two year old with us, we were not warned that this accommodation was not really suitable for toddlers. We complained to the people who were responsible for cleaning, repairs etc but the man was more than a bit put out, tipping the sweets out of the drawer and saying "there that's all you do". Am not going to go on too much but I do empathize with you. We didn't complain when we got home. It didn't really spoil the holiday. Just made us determined not to use them again! I hope you get compensation but I think it will be unlikely.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tenerifevillasonline

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to my post. Hopefully, the more people who write about their negative experiences can influence the company to improve their service. I agree with you that the villa is uinsuitable for toddlers, particularly around the pool area.

UK
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tenerifevillasonline

Is this villa also known as Sienna? If so, we've had a lucky escape!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tenerifevillasonline

Not that i know of.

5. Re: tenerifevillasonline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 23:35
Edited: 17 March 2014, 23:35
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tenerifevillasonline

What was the name of this villa please? We are about to book with this company and are very unsure.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tenerifevillasonline

Villa Salvaje, Calle el Mojon. Sleeps 8. It doesn't appear to be on their website.

8. Re: tenerifevillasonline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 April 2014, 16:35
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,896 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tenerifevillasonline

F00dyfreak if you are 'very unsure' about this company why risk using them there are lots of others around that you could be happier with. There is a lady who lives in Callao who does villa rentals which get good reviews you could check her out on http://www.tenerifeforum.org/

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tenerifevillasonline

Thank you all. Villa plus don't do 10 days. All other companies booked up hence this company.

Get answers to your questions about Callao Salvaje
Recent Conversations