We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best markets near by?

Girvan, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best markets near by?

Looking for markets and little traditional Spanish villages near by?

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best markets near by?

There are two good markets near Callao .

San Juan on Wednesday mornings and Alcala on a Monday morning.

Both are quite similar and sell food ,crafts ,jewellry ,shoes and clothes etc.

Strangely enough I found a couple of the market traders put their prices up at the Alcala one !

I'm not really a market lover ,but I enjoy these ones mainly for the food and crafts.

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best markets near by?

Just noticed that you're looking for little villages around Callao.

There really isn't much directly inland from Callao.

It really takes you to go up the mountains towards the North or south towards Villaflor direction .

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best markets near by?

DONT buy headphones in a market. They'll last about 2 weeks. The Alcala market has some craft stalls etc, and is patrolled by a market official who keeps everybody ( sellers and buyers) happy. There is a particularly lovely stall in Alcala that sells home made soaps.

4. Re: Best markets near by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Callao Salvaje