We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping

Rome
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
shopping

Hi---3 women coming to Ibiza for the week before April. Will shops be open then? Most of what we heard is that they open in May. I can't believe that there aren't any shops open then. Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,118 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping

Denise:

Of course shops will be open. Ibiza City does not shut up at anytime.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping

it's a yes an no situation here. yes there will be shops open, but not all of them. most of the shops in the marina area will be closed and if i was coming from rome i'd be a tad disapponted with the ones that are open. having said that there are one or two good quality/expensive designer clothes shops for the girls - mayurka and galy - open all year.

if you want tourist tat, you'll have to wait till may to purchase that mexican sombrero you've always craved.

mm

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping

there's still plenty of choice in ibiza town and prices are generally lower than in summer too, especially in the clothes shops.

mm is probably right though - it won't be a patch on rome!

enjoy.

b.

Edited: 08 March 2011, 02:15
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping

Hi

I'm looking too for suggestions about shopping: I think not cloths, better jewels low cost (also second hand, vintage) I like enamel brooches or scarves, accessories and so on...

many thanks

5. Re: shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 06:17