We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best place to stay in Ibiza

Which Ibiza Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the best place to stay in Ibiza

Hi,

I have been reading many replies about accomondation. But I am still not clear about the where to stay in Ibiza. some of them recommended Ibiza town , someof them San Antonia Bay.

We will be 4 friends in there at the end of the June. So could you please help me what is the best place to stay. Of course we are looking forward to somewhere near the pubs and clubs but also a bit quite from the lively place for relaxing. I appreciate if you reply it. Thanks

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Ibiza

Hi there, I would say it really depends on what you want from your holiday. Ibiza town is more chic and being a Unesco site is prettier. there are plenty of bars and restaurants and what tends to be a well-healed set. Pacha, Space and El Divino are located in Ibiza. KM5 is just outside the town.

San An is a younger partier scene. It is very British, this may be a positive or negative for you. The town is not as pretty, but there are some beautiful bays nearby. As its your first visit you will probably want to visit the sunset bars (Mambo and Cafe del Mar).

There is a regular bus that links Ibiza and San An, so you can reasonably travel between the two. Clubs are, in general, located closer to San An - with the exception of those mentioned above.

If you do decide to stay in Ibiza town - it really does offer a lot - there are a number of beaches nearby - within walking distance of the scene - and I would recommend staying on one of these. Playa den Bossa is a party beach with many bars, Talamanca is a pretty bay but more family orientated. Figuertes is also a little more family orientated - but with both of quieter beaches you can relax easily and walk to the scene if you fancy some club beats.

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Ibiza

I'd recommend Ibiza Town or Playa den Bossa over San Antonio.

There's a much more diverse mix of nationalities for starters and the area has more cultural and historical significance. There are some really nice spots around San An, but you need a car and an enquiring mind to find many of them!

If you want to stay on/near a beach then Playa den Bossa is a great choice and Talamanca is a good alternative.

Have a good look around the forum and you should find plenty of info on all of these areas.....

enjoy.

b.

3. Re: Where is the best place to stay in Ibiza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 11:16