We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibiza Clubbing for minors

Granna, Sweden
3 posts
Save Topic
Ibiza Clubbing for minors

Hi,

Me and my friends (age: 16, 16, 16 and 17) want to go to ibiza for a week or two and party/go clubbing. We are all males and looking for cheap but decent place to stay at. Anyone have any good ideas for us.

Also do you think Ibiza is good for our age, considering the drinking age is 16. Also any tips you might want to add?

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

The legal drinking age is 18.

Granna, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

ibiza-spotlight.com/info/young-adult-ibiza-l…

ask.com/question/what-is-the-minimum-legal-d…

ask.com/question/what-is-the-legal-drinking-…

all websites seem to state that to drink you need to be 16, but to buy you need to be 18.

Are they all wrong, if so could you direct me to an official website with the law stating it so I am sure.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

So,of a group of three 16 year olds and one 17yo who will be buying the drinks?

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

Also,from the spotlight link you gave (written by a 16 year old,apparently) you might like to think about club entry where they may ask for ID and the hotel you book who will take your passports for the records.

I'm not being judgmental,just trying to make you see what the situation is.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,470 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

Also will hotels accept reservations from a group under 18 years.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

No they wouldn't accept the reservation.

If these lads cheated they would be scuppered as soon as they handed their passports over.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

the law changed last april

18 to consume drinks now plus higher penalties to anyone caught selling to under 18's

periodistadigital.com/ciencia/educacion/2013…

mm

Ibiza, Spain
Level Contributor
53 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

The legal age to enter clubs is also 18 years old. As far as I've experienced, the big clubs don't normally ask for IDs, but if you look too young they will probably ask and won't allow you in and ruin your night.

I'd personally wait till you're 18 to visit Ibiza.

Granna, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

One of us will be 18 when we are there, if we go. Also it seems only famous clubs will require ID but smaller ones will be more lenient.

You can also book reservations through youth agencies in order to gain rooms and as stated one of our friends will be 18 by that time, so he can book them.

We dont want to wait two years till we are 18, but maybe it would be better to wait a year so we look older and could go for 18?

Any ideas if there is a decent cheap place in Europe where we could go clubbing at our ages. (Better to wait I know but if that was no on the table what place would be best?)

Also I am fully aware that this is not thought through very well but bear in mind, this is why I am asking questions, to gain a better perspective of things.

Thanks

Edited: 11 February 2014, 13:55
London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ibiza Clubbing for minors

If you're looking for something cheap, try Malia Or Zante in Greece as it is cheap to get there and eating and drinking will be far cheaper than Ibiza. Also there are more bars you can go and have a drink without being harrased for ID and there will be more people your age.