We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Hi. I'll be staying in Aghios Georgios North next month and am planning to go riding with Trailriders. Can anyone tell me how far it is from Ag Georgios Nth to Ano Koriakani? How long will it take to get there? Is there any public transport?

I can't seem to find any maps detailed enough to find out.

Lynty

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

It's a 28 minute drive according to Google Maps. You need to search for Ano Korakiana I think.

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Agios+Georgios+Pagon,+Greece/Ano+Korakiana+490+83,+Greece/@39.7097599,19.7075575,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x135b51eabbc8ea6d:0xf4236d0b942217f3!2m2!1d19.6832782!2d39.7169173!1m5!1m1!1s0x135b5adac49ef377:0x17c88e748e5086c8!2m2!1d19.791142!2d39.7056335

Mentioned in this post
Agios Georgios Beach
Agios Georgios Beach
745 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

I think I can reliably say there is no public transport from Agios Georgios to Ano Korakiana. The only bus goes down the main road towards Corfu town and misses AK by about 1 km according to my map. So you could do it but it would be a good walk, including some uphill walking, and possible a very early start to catch the 1st bus as the 10.15 one would probably be too late for the group start.

Mentioned in this post
Agios Georgios Beach
Agios Georgios Beach
745 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Thanks. This sounds promising. I'll investigate the bus. We'd need to be at AK by 10.00am, so hopefully the earlier bus will work out. [Don't mind an early start!] I don't think there's even a taxi in Aghios Georghios itself; one has to come from Sidari I believe.

Mentioned in this post
Sidari
Sidari
Corfu, Greece
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Thanks for that. Where are you guys getting your maps from? Can I get one online?

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Usually the early bus leaves Agios Georgios about 07.15 from outside Costas Golden Beach Hotel (or Theo's Hotel) but check up when you get there. There is probably a timetable on a telephone post outside the hotel.

As you want to go so early you might just be lucky to get one of the local taxi drivers, who live in the next village, to take you before he goes to the rank at Sidari.

Give George Rouvas a ring on 26630 96419 or Mobile 6944 328254 or ask one of the hotel staff to ring him ... worth a try. George is more or less retired but his son is carrying on the taxi business.

But you still have to get back afterwards.

Mentioned in this post
Agios Georgios Beach
Agios Georgios Beach
745 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Hotel Costas Golden Beach
Hotel Costas Golden Beach
718 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Theo's Hotel
Theo's Hotel
290 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Sidari
Sidari
Corfu, Greece
Rouvas
Rouvas
109 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Thanks. This is really helpful. I,ll certainly try this. And yes - we may find it hard to get back. Perhaps we'll have to steal a horse!!

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Lyn. if you decide that going by bus is the best option for you then email Trailriders (trailriderscorfu@hotmail.com) and say you wish to use their services but would have to walk the last part of the journey from the main Corfu to Sidari road . Ask if they are prepared to provide any transport for this last part of the journey. If the answer is 'no' ask if they can provide a plan showing exactly where the ranch is situated to avoid getting lost and walking too far. Their web-site doesn't have a map but states the ranch is about 2 kms south of Ano Korakiana so if you simply walked to that village you would then have to walk another 2 kms, possibly back towards the main road ! They also have a Facebook page where you ask the same things.

YOU don't say where in Agios Georgios you are staying? Knowing some of the local people you might also find that one of the hotel staff is driving to Corfu town and will offer you a lift if you act a bit dumb and ask how to get that remote place !!!!!! Stranger things have happened.

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Sidari
Sidari
Corfu, Greece
Agios Georgios Beach
Agios Georgios Beach
745 Reviews
Corfu, Greece
Corfu Town
Corfu Town
Corfu, Greece
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

Well. We are back from Corfu having had a great time. We managed to squeeze in 3 trips to Ano Korakiana for riding with Trailriders. It was beyond fabulous!

Sally picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel the first time, but the next couple of times we got the bus sussed, and she picked us up from the stop on the Skripero road, and again drove us back to our hotel afterwards. [Thank you again, Sally. Above & beyond!]

I can recommend the experience to anybody else travelling to the north end of the island. Really. Give it a go!

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
10. Re: Distance from Ag Georgios Nrth to Ano Koriakani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Agios Georgios
Recent Conversations