We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Right, think I have decided!!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Right, think I have decided!!

I have decided on the Atlantic.

I have priced it up for S/C and AI, the difference is £432.

Now the question is, split between the 14 days it works out to about £30 a day, would food and drinks for 2 of us be more than £30 a day?

Haven't been abroad for about 7 yrs so not sure.

Thanks

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

In our case no it would'nt be enough, depends on how much you drink. We were in S A in May and wine was 2.20 a glass and beer 4.20 a pint ,in the hotel. I mean beer not lager so the bars would be cheaper I think.Don't get the wrong idea we were'nt on the booze all day , just a few hours of an evening.We were HB so only had a light lunch, I think worked out about 10-12 Es.

Edited: 05 August 2012, 19:33
Birmingham
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

To be honest, I think you are right, it wouldn't be enough. Think we may as well go All inclusive as being with an 11yr old, she will probably drink soft drinks for England through the day and can't imagine those working out cheap when I could be buying anythin up to 10 a day, then our meals & snacks would probably amount to more than £30 a day.

Thanks for your advice. xx

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

Just noticed an earlier post and if it's just you and your daughter thats different.If you are SC you have a fridge for drinks, cheaper to buy in and can do a bit of cooking.Not much of a holiday for you though..cooking!

Edited: 05 August 2012, 20:20
ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

financially, ai is always the most economic way to eat and drink. however do you really want to sit at the same table 42 times on your holiday for all your meals and the same bar with the same people for all your (local) drinks?

mm

shropshire uk
Level Contributor
426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

I agree ,can not imagine sitting at the same table every day , especially in Ibiza xx

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

You can pay for A/I by the day, you dont have to take 2 weeks of it all in one go. Just arrange it direct with the hotel the days you want to take A/I....not your package operator.

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie

Birmingham
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

Thanks for your replies, some things to think about there.

may need a rethink. x

8. Re: Right, think I have decided!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Es Canar