We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

Arbroath, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

Are there any restaurants who make authentic Spanish paella for one? I have been to Spanish mainland/Majorca/Ibiza for several years with partner/daughter none of whom like rice/seafood and all restaurants have only served paella for two! Are there any restaurants in Es Canar which make/serve it for one? Also are there any restaurants/bars which serve an authentic sangria rather than out of a carton from a supermarket with lots of added fruit? Am quite willing to pay for an original version! Thanks.

Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Es Canar
Level Contributor
871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

I would suggest your best chance is at the Perla bar which all the locals use. It is opposite the funfair. There is also another spanish restaurant called the Camino de Santiago down the side road next to the Perla which would be worth a try.

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

That 'Santiago' place has changed,it's now Italian.

Can't remember the name though.

Bradford, United...
Destination Expert
for Es Canar
Level Contributor
871 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

Hi rick, can't say I am surprised really. We went there 3 or 4 times last year and really enjoyed the food but I have to say it was very quiet and one night we were the only customers! Bring back Los Jaros I say. 😄

uk
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

i suggest walking to cala martina beach on a sunday, the restaurant martina, make loads of fresh paella for the locals,im sure they could add an extra portion.also the best sangria ive ever had was there,but by the glass not jug.i asked what was in it and they add bacardi ,couiontreux,brandy etc and its fab.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

A dish similar to Paella is Bullit De Peix and its very popular in Ibiza. If you like fresh fish,potatoes and rice cooked in a creamy aloli sauce then keep your eyes open for this local delicacy. Make sure you leave room for the delicious second course that comes with it called "arroz a banda" a reduced down big dish of sticky rice cooked with the fish stock. It's addictive!! Cala Martina as mentioned above is a good place to look as is nearby Cala Pada. Best places in Ibiza for Bullit De Peix include El Bigote, Restaurante Balansat, Es Boldado and Fonda Pou des Lleo.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/

scotland
Level Contributor
213 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

yes good old los jaros food was very good and so was Kerry she now at mr fish she was a great asset to los jaros

London, England
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

Most restaurants in Spain will not make paella for less than two people. However, many places do have it on the menu del dia, which they will serve for one.

Arbroath, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Will definitely try the Cala Martina sangria!

Santa Eulalia del...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

Agreed - Cala Martina on a Sunday... but reserve or be early

10. Re: Authentic Spanish Paella and Sangria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Es Canar
Recent Conversations