We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe hotel

england
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Caribe hotel

Hi booked the Caribe Hotel for a week in October, been looking at the hotel and some of the views from the rooms are not very good, can any body recommend a room high up that has a nice view, that gets the sun, also what is the price of cigs and tobacco,.Is the sunset boat trip worth going on,

Thanx x

scotland
Level Contributor
215 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribe hotel

go to the top floor 5 your choice poolside or front its a lovely view over the resort from a front room October weather can be mixed . don't smoke so cant help have a great time we do every year at the Caribe.

Edited: 28 August 2013, 16:39
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribe hotel

Have a look on Google Earth it is very clear.

You would obviously need the swimming pool side for the sun, however lower down at the front you face grotty apartments. The pool side is also very noisy will all the kids who dominate the hotel & pool area, even during school term time.

Don't bother with the sunset trip, the weather is more variable by October so a pointless waste of money.

england
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribe hotel

Thanx for the reply,s, very helpfull x

Ryde, United Kingdom
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribe hotel

just got back from 4 th floor facing the pool, wasnt too bad, but the balconies are as small as I ve ever seen any where so not good for enjoying the views. You cant control the balcony light so between 23:30 and 00:00 you get left in the dark. I'd imagine most views from the front would be block by es cane or panorama hotels so a high pool view will be the best as you still see the sea.

Forewarning the staff are very very hit and miss, the maids are excellent and friendly although speak little english but are always helpful.

The receptionists on the whole are terrible, my wife was very very poorly to a point she ended up in hospital and they wouldnt even give us drinking water for her, I was told they dont have to provide drinking water which for a 3 star hotel seems a bit rubbish, the reception staff on a whole are rude and unhelpful we asked to speak to the manager on the 4 day of a 14 night stay and never saw him once! the bar staff are a real mix of good and bad, the women and a few of the men tend to be rude and hate their jobs, the guys who get lumbered with the pink shirts are great, Vicente is a nice fella too. The kids entertainment team in there are are very good, but dont expect peace and quiet around them.

The restaurant is very repetative if you are allergic to mushrooms like myself or simply dont like them I wouldnt bother as it seems that at least 4 nights a week the main dishes are served with mushrooms. and get the food while you can cause when they give a time of taking it away they certainly stick to it.

wouldnt bother with any of the boat trips from es cana, other than pehaps the ferry to Ibiza town for a novelty factor.

If your venturing away from hotel, i'ld recommend the little spanish tapas bar opposite the fair which is very cheap compared to the english speaking bars, with the only one to avoid at all costs being vista al mar which combines shockingly bad processed food with terrible service.

Fife
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribe hotel

I've stayed in the Caribe twice now and can't fault it. We were also on the 4th floor facing the pool and the view was good. In my opinion the size of the balcony is fine. Don't know what the previous poster meant about drinking water - water is readily available from the bar. In my experience if you are friendly with the staff then

they are friendly back. As for the food we thought it was excellent. Really could not complain about anything . You won't be disappointed.

england
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribe hotel

Thanks Andy and Julie,

Andy hope your wife had a speedy recovery, we booked this before we realised it is for families, we are 2 adults with no children, will ask for a high floor when we get there. x

7. Re: Caribe hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Es Canar
Recent Conversations