We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

convenience stores on Gili T

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
convenience stores on Gili T

Going to Gili T end of July and staying at the Beach house.

is there any stores around this area,circle k or local stores?

Also booked the room through Asia rooms,never used them before,usually book Bali direct but The Beach house was a lot more expensive to book direct. is Asia Rooms reliable?

Fast Boat from Benoa Bali or Perama Tours bus/slow boat?

If we go on a one way ticket from Bali is it easy to book the fast boat back to Benoa Bali while on Gili T?

thanks.

London
Level Contributor
104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

There are lots of local run small shops.. no chains as far as I recall. They will stock most of what you need, soft drinks, snacks, etc.

Sorry not used Asia Rooms myself. The Beach house seems very good .. although I didn’t stay there we had a drink at the bar there most nights and ate there a couple of times.

We got the fast boat from Benoa. Blue water safari. Excellent service with free transfer to and from hotels. Boat we were on was small but very fast and comfortable. But be warned it can get bumpy and a little wet if the sea is rough. Can’t comment on booking as we pre booked return.

Enjoy your holiday!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

I used Asia Rooms to book in Cambodia and had no problem what so ever.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

as said there are small stores around.

you can get a fast boat from benoa or padangbai. they all pick up and drop off at your bali hotel. the boat journey is shorter from padangbai.

cheaper to get a return ticket. it is easy to change the dates you want to leave. offices near near the jetty. i've done it before and there wasn't a problem.

the perama boat is just about an all day journey but it is nice sitting on the top if the day is nice and the seas calm.

you can also book direct with the beach house. they have a range of room standards so be sure to get the standard you want.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

We have booked Bali several time through Asiarooms and never had a problem.

We have stayed at The Beach House which is so nice, owned by Austrailians. Never used the fast boats because that stright is mostly very rough sea. It is the same price to take the domestic flight from Bali to Lombok and then arrange with transfer from the airport with Beachhouse hotel. Take a look at Merpati Airways and book your flight with them, it seems like you can do it on internet this year. It is the domestic part of Garuda Indonesia so no problems at all except there can be delays.

The transfer through the hotel include minibus pick up at the airport (a man with a sign with your name at the arrival hall) then you go to their own little harbour at Lombok to be taken to the hotel by a little speedboat (20 min). The drive is very scenic and you see a lot of Lombok on the tour.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

There are some small shops run by locals but not Circle K's or anything along those lines. We took the fast boat (Blue Water ) from Gili T to Benoa. We left 4 hours late and had a fairly windy day to travel. We got very wet and it was the worst travel experience I have ever had. It was very bumpy and very noisy. By the time we arrived (2 Hours) everyone was pretty green and feeling very ill. The driver just gunned it over the very rough waves so we banged from one wave crest to the next. I will not be doing this trip again.

On the way over we took a much slower boat (3.5 hours) which was far more pleasant.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

Thanks for that!

We have decided on going with Eka Jaya fast boat from pedang bai (pick up in kuta) and I think its a shorter boat trip?

how did you like Trawangan?

Where did you stay?

Cheers,Den

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

last trip, stayed at martas on gili t.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

We stayed at Ko Ko Mo which is beautiful. Gili T was great, the water is fantastic and there are plenty of great places to eat.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

There is an Aldi store down 1 of the laneways but I got the feeling its wasn't quite part of the international chain. lol

Asiarooms is fine & you should not have a problem.

9TT
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: convenience stores on Gili T

I would suggest that you don not use Eka Jaya express from Pabangbai. They apparently had one of their boats sink a few minutes out of the harbour in late August 2010. We had previously traveled with them to Gili T and return in early August, and had the worst experience. It was really a nightmare trip, and I would not ever travel with them again. Do a search on TA to read some of the other horror experiences with this company. There are many reliable operators in Padang Bai, and I would use one of them

Edited: 18 October 2010, 03:28
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan
Recent Conversations