We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay on Gili T?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay on Gili T?

Hello,

My fiancee and I will be going to the Gili's for the final week of our 3 week Indonesian honeymoon. We are probably going to stay on Gili Air or Gili Meno for 2-3 days and then on Gili T for 6 days (5 nights).

We are basically flashpacking, but our last days in Gili T are going to be our splurge...but we can't decide where to stay. We are struggling to find the balance of a nice lounging/swimming/snorkeling beach, luxurious rooms and service, price, and location. We're not big partiers and don't want to be in the thick of the main strip, but we would like reasonably easy access to restaurants and bars. We like hot water; we aren't particularly in love with bugs.

Our short list includes: Kokomo, Villa Grasia, Desa Dunia Beda, Villa Ombok, Luce D'alma, and Villa Julius.

Can anyone who has stayed in more than one of these places offer any comparative advice? Thanks so much in advance.

Mo

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

Have now narrowed it down to Luce D'alma, Desa Dunia Beda, or Ko-Ko-Mo. Any thoughts? Is the quality of the beach at Ko-Ko-Mo of any concern?

Thanks,

Mo

Melbourne
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

The Villas at KoKoMo are beautiful, the service is good & the food top notch BUT yes the beach at that end of the island is not as good. I still stay up that end (have also stayed at Villa Ombak & the Beach House) & walk down to the better beach area if I want to go for a snorkle. I find the restaurants are better up the KoKoMo end & the sunsets are just around the corner. Its also further away from the mosque which can be annoying at 4:30am if you are too close to one. Haven't ever seen iside the others on your list so can't comment but I have little doubt they would also be very good.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

Hello,

We also go to Gili Trawangan in August. We book 3 weeks totally. KoKoMo seems very nice but also very expensive... We saw the Trawangan resort, do you know if this is close to Kokomo? When the beach is not very good we can better choose 1 of our other options, samasama bungalows or gilipalms resort. Do you know these hotels or area' s? Gilipalms is more in the middle of the east coast and samasama a bit further north than good heart bungalows i think...

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

I stayed at Alam Gili last year and on exploring the other possibilities on the island was most impressed with the location and set up of Villa Julius .If I was going back that's where I'd stay.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

Just returned from a fabulous week at Gili T staying at Trawangan resort-the place was fantastic with luxury villas great management and very cruise beach front. It's quieter than some of the other places but very close to Kokomo which is one of the best eats and beaches on the island. I disagree with posts about the beach at this end. The snorkelling out front of kokomo was far better than anywhere else we saw. Treat yourself to trawangan and you won't be disappointed

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

I had narrowed my search down to Bale Sampan bungalows but unfortunately as I took so long to make my mind up they are now fully booked!

Any other suggestions for similar accommodation in that area?

Family of 3 - 2 x adults and 1 x child (age 13)

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

planet earth
Level Contributor
395 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

Have a look at Vila Almarik, we are staying there in July this year. We also stayed at Alam Gili last year.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

http://www.gilijoglo.com/ I recommend this place if you want a villa style accommodation away from the noisy frontage, I've also stayed at Scallywags http://www.scallywagsresort.com/

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

Hi there

Many thanks for the info - the Villas look lovely but may be a bit out of our price range - will check

Thanks again

Sue

Den Haag, The...
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay on Gili T?

There is an enormous choise in excellent resorts on Gili T. In high season, though, prices are sky high and most of the places fully booked from Mid June through the End of September.

Have a look at the newly opened "Villa Queen", with 125 luxury rooms, on the west side of the island. With a lovely location, fine dining and beautiful sunsets.

Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan