We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat transfers from Padangbai

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Boat transfers from Padangbai

Planning a few days on Gili T in late September and would appreciate recommendations on boat transfer operators from Padangbai. Also after advice on booking these transfers well in advance or if we can do so in Bali a few days before.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

Gili Cat seems to be the most "popular' one mentioned here and on other forums....

I have already booked for july with them via email on ther web site, but i hear it can be done while in bali at many tourist booths.

Cheers S

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

- Gili Cat

- Ocean Star Express

- Marina Srikandi

- Wahana Gili Ocean

- Eka Jaya

- Bluewater Express

You can pay for deposit in advance, or you can book later once you are in Bali.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

many thanks for your suggestions - appreciated.

Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

I don't advise Marina Srikandi. Very Very unfriendy ticket-salesman + staff. Agressive and they don't tell the truth. They also follow you all the time and tell you lot of different story's to confuse you how to get to the Gili's.

In our case they thought we didn't had a ticket for the shuttle transfer [we had of course] and they agressively shout at us. When they found out there where wrong, no apologize or something.

Less important but also annoying, both times the boat leaves > hour late.

If you leave from Pandabai look futher when you arive, there are a lot other options to go to the Gili's down at the harbor.

Marina Srikandi was our worst experience during our trip trough Bali, Java and Lombok.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

Hi, I suggest to go with Bluewater Express. Their service is excellent. They provide free pick-up at my hotel in Bali. The staff is friendly and very professional. And I had a smooth trip from Padang Bai to Gili Trawangan.

6. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 December 2012, 21:35
Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

I use Sea Marlin, one of the larger boats, not the fastest but comfortable, with enough life jackets for every passenger.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

Hi, really need your advise guys..

i want to go to Gili on December.. But confuse to choose the boat..

Which one is better fast boat to Gili? Bluewater Express or GiliCat?

9. Re: Boat transfers from Padangbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan