We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

How do I do it?? :)

Just wondering how you get from Gili T to the Lombok International Airport?

There IS a similar thread already but it's quite old (2011).

Many thanks fellow travellers.

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Take the public boat to Bangsal or a fast boat to Teluk Kodek/Teluk Nare and then charter a car or take a taxi if you are lucky enough to find one to the airport.

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Also allow plenty of time for delays. You do not say when you are travelling but the rain can slow things down a lot in the wet season. If you take the public boat you will have to wait until it is full before it leaves, then about 40 minutes for the crossing. Then negotiating with a driver at Bangsal. Then the drive to the airport I would say a minimum of 2 hours.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Or, you can book a private transport to a local travel agent or your hotel. It would be crossing from Gili T to Teluk Nara by charter boat, then a private car from Teluk Nara to the airport.

Reasonable price would be around 650.000 - 750.000 for total, for up to 4 adults with standard luggage.

Level Contributor
34 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

I figured delays might occur, so I booked a late afternoon flight. Thanks so much for the feedback. Really appreciate the help!

M M
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

I got an offer for that price as well. How is it - would I usually have to pay ahead and how do I assure that there won't pop up any 'unexpected costs' (like for fuel etc. as the intermediaries want some money too... Can a booking via a hotel be trusted? I just experienced bangsal & found it difficult...).

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Booking with a hotel should be OK, they have a definite incentive for you to arrive.

If booking through a hotel make sure they give a contact (cell) number, both for the hotel, and also for the boat operator.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

You can use recommended local agent to arrange your transfer. the price around 650.000 for the group (1 - 4 persons), including charter boat and private car.

You can book only car from Bangsal - Lombok International airport, the price between IDR 250.000 - 350.000. Gili Trawangan - Bangsal by Public boat, the price IDR 15.000/Person

M M
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Thanks j_hurcules & LombokReisen :)

It's actually for the way back, from the gilis to the airport. We're now favoring the option eother 1) public boat to bangsal or 2) chartered boat to teluk naru &calling a taxi ourselves to pick us up (express or bluebird). That should be ok, what do you think?

So, still the question, how we make sure that the boat operator will be ok... I guess we'll just trust it.

:)

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

we would like to suggest you to use the charter boat from Gili Trawangan to Teluk Nare, more save than go to Bangsal by Public Boat. If you stay in Villa Ombak or the hotel nearby, You can use the speed boat from Villa Ombak, The Price is IDR 150.000/Person.

Note: if you book the taxi (Bluebird or Express), please inform to the taxi operator to sign your name on the board when they pick up you at Teluk Nare Harbor because many people there offer private transfer.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gili Trawangan to Lombok Airport

Also have a look over this tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1940487-i25043-k5… info from the FAQs on the Gili island forum.

Edited: 08 February 2013, 09:54
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan
Recent Conversations