We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how late is to late get a ferry at bangsal??

Perth, Western...
2 posts
Save Topic
how late is to late get a ferry at bangsal??

i am scheduled to arrive at lombok international airport at 2:10pm and planning to go straight to bangsal harbour to get a ferry to gili T island. will i be too late to get the last 4:30pm public ferry if so will i be able to get a charter boat after 4:30pm? or should i go straight to teluk nare and get a charter boat from there?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how late is to late get a ferry at bangsal??

The Perth to Lombok Jetstar flight apparently quite often runs late, I was on it this week and we arrived at 2:45pm. Then, the visa counter was manned by a single person, so it was a very long line. People at the back of the queue probably waited close on an hour to get through. There was also initially only one immigration desk open, so another long queue. A second desk opened after about 20-30 minutes.

my point being that it could take over an hour to be processed and you could also arrive late. You may not arrive at Bangsal until nearly sunset.

Some speedboat companies will go after dark, but you should try to prebook. The public ferries will have finished for the day. My suggestion is to contact your accommodation on Gili T and see what they can arrange for you or if they can recommend a speedboat operator who you can book with. The safer alternative is to spend a night on the mainland, perhaps in Senggigi, and transfer the following morning

Perth, Western...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how late is to late get a ferry at bangsal??

cheers for the reply will try to organise a speed boat :)

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how late is to late get a ferry at bangsal??

Hi Jayde,

I have been seeking for some advise on getting to Gili Trawangan. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at Lombok Airport at 2.10pm. Can you share your experience in re getting a boat to Gili T? Did you end up getting a speedboat? If yes, how much did you pay for the trip one way or return and which speedboat company did you go with?

How long did you take to get out of the airport e.g. after collecting luggage and passing the immigration.

Cheers,

Louise

4. Re: how late is to late get a ferry at bangsal??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:16