We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

Hi, travelling to Bali for first time, going to wedding on Gilli T, planning 2 week holiday

Planning to be on Gilli T for 4-5 nights ,

Would like to spend few days in Lombok and few days in Ubud

Seeking advise re travell options to Gilli T, think prefer to fly to Lombok from Bali, hire a driver & enjoy scenic drive to Tulok Kodek then take fast boat to Gilli T, any advise re this ?

Also any other ittenary suggestions gladly received, we are in mid 50's , love nature & Culture

R

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

two ways to gili t - the fast boat from bali or fly to lombok, drive, boat. both okay.

it is a nice drive along the coast north of sengiggi. the coastline west of kuta Lombok is amazing. kuta is about 40 minutes from airport.

Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

Lucky you Rose. If I was you , I would take a morning flight ( less chance of a delay) from Bali to Lombok and , depending on how much of your stay you want to spend in Lombok, either spend a couple of nights in Kuta ( not far from the airport) and a couple of nights in Senggigi before heading to Gilli T. You could go straight from the airport to Senggigi and just spend a night there before heading to Gilli T if you are pressed for time

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

Thanks so much for advise, if I can coordinate the flight times, then going straight to Lombock would be best & couple nights in senneggi as you suggest ten over to Gilli T

Do you have any experience with the boats from Lombok to Gilli T?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

Thanks for info, i apprecate

From my reading the scenery is beautiful

Do you have more specific must do or avoid?

Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

Hi again,

You should be able to organise a boat from Lombok to Gili T without too much trouble. Where are you staying in GiliT? Your accommodation may be able to organise a transfer for you. When we stayed at Villa Ombak we organised a transfer from our Senggigi hotel to the island. If you do a search on the Lombok forum you should find advice about travelling from Lombok Island to Gili T.

In answer to your question about things to do or avoid, it really depends on your time. Once again if you search the forum you will get a good idea about things to do. The beaches around Kuta are gorgeous. From Senggigi there are plenty of drivers who would take you to weaving villages and pottery villages. There are also waterfalls that you can visit. I also just enjoy relaxing around Senggigi, eating at a restaurant overlooking the sea and just walking along the street looking at the shops and chatting to the locals. Senggigi is quiet unless a cruise ship has arrived .

You might like to look at the online version of a publication called the Lombok Guide. Happy researching, there is a lot of information in the Lombok forum. It's great that you're planning to spend some time in Ubud too, I'm sure you will love it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

@Rose H - there are various modes of transport from the mainland to the Gilis:

- private transfer via hotel

- speedboat via Teluk Nare, Teluk Kodek, Bangsal - try contacting Mohni Dive via the link for more info.

…blogspot.com/2014/01/lombok-operators.html

- boat charter from Senggigi/Mangsit beach

- public boat from Bangsal harbour

Have a look at the Top questions about Gili Trawangan on the right-hand side of the forum to help assist with your decision.

7. Re: Travel options to Gilli t from Bali or Lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan