We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gili Island in August

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Gili Island in August

Do you think is a good idea to have a trip in Gili islands in August? What do you suggest me to go to have a nice holiday and enjoy the seaside?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,820 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gili Island in August

Hi Francesca - August is a good time for weather in the Gilis. Not much to do there other than enjoy the beach, and snorkeling/diving.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gili Island in August

August is high season so it will be pretty busy, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Apart from enjoying sun, sea and sand you can expect some really good laid back night life on the island after dark. If you want peace and quiet I'd suggest staying somewhere on the north or west side of Gili T, or consider Gili Air or Meno instead.

Will you be coming over from Bali or Lombok? From Bali you can take one of the many fast boats, but watch out for the dodgy ones - you pay for what you get! Gilibookings.com is a good online ticket provider you might want to check out. If you're heading over from or to Lombok then simply catch one of the many public local boats. The price for a public boat between Lombok and the Gilis is only 13,000ids (about a dollar) but they don't have a regular schedule and will only go when full. Otherwise you can charter a speedboat to go when you please.

Galera, Spain
Level Contributor
74 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gili Island in August

You better book a room in advance if you are going in August.

My experience is from Gili Meno and it's usually fully booked in the high season and we see people sleeping on the beaches.

I guess it's similar on the other islands.

4. Re: Gili Island in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Gili Trawangan