We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

Going to the Gili islands for 5 nights in March. Looking for some info as to the best parts of the islands for spotting some turtles whilst snorkelling?

Also, can anyone that has been in March advise of the expected weather? I was hoping for some blazing sunshine in amongst the rain (I am aware it is wet season) but when I look at current pictures of the Gilis it seems to be very cloudy. Will this be the case in March also?

Thanks.

planet earth
Level Contributor
409 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

Turtle Point up around Danima Hotel. Anywhere between about Laguna and Danima should be good.

Don't worry about the weather, some days it rains but most of the time it rain later in the day and pours down at night.

Mataram, Indonesia
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

Hi,,

Actually we have an opportunity to see the turtle on the 3 Gili islands. But surely there are some spots where we have more chance to see the turtles. Especially in the east part of Gili T, North and East part of Gili Meno. You may join with boat tour provided by local agency around. They exactly where to go. Good news, surely you can see the turtles.

On March, i think the weather will be good, sunny all day and you can enjoy your vacation very much.

Hope it helps you

Saltash, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

I snorkelled with turtles off the east of Gili T last October I think I saw maybe 4, I also saw a turtle about 25 yards off Turtle Beach on Gili Air.

I was on the Gilis last March and saw about 20 mins of rain, I have been going to Bali for years in March / April and although you do see rain you never see too much.

Level Contributor
67 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

I stayed on Gili Meno, and saw turtles off the NE part of the island every time I went out there snorkeling. Off Ana Warung and Seri Resort areas. They seem common and some are unafraid of us allowing us to watch them close up.

5. Re: Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2016, 18:50
6. Re: Best snorkelling spot for turtles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2017, 05:16