We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

Cant make my mind up which one to pick where is the location of these appartments are they near the beach

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,423 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

We have stayed at the Mythos once but not the Mayflower. The Mythos is close to the beach and is very popular with returning visitors. The Mayflower is also very popular but quite a walk into the centre and the beach.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

I in turn have not stayed at the Mythos.

have to say though, I've only ever heard good reports about it, and as Marg said, its close to the beach.

I have however stayed at the mayflower.

This is a really nice family run hotel. the owners, Ellia,her husband (names slipped my mind) and her son Cristos, ( runs the bar) go out of thier way to be helpful.

The rooms a very well cleaned and are spacious.

If you want to self cater, there is more than the normal equipment. like it even has a microwave to go with the two ring hob. there's also a toaster and electric kettle.

The pool area is really pleasant and clean.

As mentioned by Marg, it is a fair way from the beautiful beach. probably about a 1/4 hour stroll.

We overcame that by hiring a scooter for the fortnight.

BOB.

Edited: 24 August 2010, 14:27
scotland
Level Contributor
218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

My vote would defo go to the Mythos especially if you are going on location - 2mins from beach and bars/restaurants. It is very central to everything but is not affected by noise as it is set back from main road.

If however you would like good cooking facilities the Mythos would probably not be for you as it is basic. I have walked to the Mayflower and had breakfast one morning - the pool etc was lovely but for me was too far out.

Mythos in my opinion is the best accomodation I have stayed in, in Tingaki - rooms are basic but spotless clean - lovely pool area with great atmosphere during the day and at night. Staff very helpful and friendly. Lovely restaurant at front of apartments which is lovely.

Overall the Mythos is an excellant complex to choose and I am sure you would really enjoy.

Farnham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

we have stayed in several apartments in tingaki and would say that Mythos is by far the best. the location is excellent, close to everything whilst still being quiet and 2 mins from the beach. The staff are friendly and do eveything to make your stay special.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

Another vote for the Mayflower here, we stayed there 4 years ago and are intending to back again next year. The apartments are spotlessly clean, very spacious and very well equipped. Elia and Christos make you feel like one of the family from the day you arrive, nothing is too much trouble for them and they always had a smile and time for a friendly chat. Our youngest had her birthday while we were there and when Elia found out she went out and bought her a small gift! Christos (whose English is better than mine) will keep you entertained at the bar until the small hours and will even take you up Mt. Dikeos if you ask him. The pool is a good size and there were always beds available at any time of the day. The pool bar serves good food if you don't fancy the walk to the beach, It's about a 10-15 min stroll to the beach but unless you want to be right next to it don't let this put you off. All in all if you book these fantastic apartments.you won't be disapointed.

Hove, East Sussex
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

Hi im returning to the Mythos Apps on 23 Sept 2010,for another 2 weeks .

Stayed there last year for 2 weeks, and realy enjoyed my stay there.

Nice clean place. friendly helpfull staff. good food in the restaurant at the front of the apps also.

The main street has a choice of good value places to eat, and there is also a large Supermarket about 500 meters away from the Mythos, to buy your daily needs etc

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

I have never stayed in either of them. The Mythos is pretty central in the resort and has a nice restaurant although is getting a tad pricey and rather too a la carte which in my opinion does little to properly cooked Greek cuisine. Food does not have to be presented in a fancy style to taste good. However what part of the complex we have seen does look very nice and does have a high star rating.

The Mayflower is about as far away from the beach as you could get in Tingak on a road running parallel with the main street into Tingaki, but is near to the main large Supermarket, bus stop and not too far away from bicycle hire places. I do think it would be quite a walk up there after an evening meal and given its distance from the beach, bike hire is recommended.

If you do not mind an evening stroll of half hour either way and like to be in a quiet area then the Mayflower would be the best option. If you prefer to be central to everything but a good walk from the large Supermarket (there are though plenty of smaller Mini markets) then the Mythos would be a good choice.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

From the Mayflower Its actually only 5-7 minutes to the nearest tavernas. Opposite Angela appartments. one is run by larger than life George (owner of Angela apps). there are also tavernas dotted along the road all the way down. but quite right its probably 20 minute or so walk to the main hub of the place.

BOB.

Hove, East Sussex
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

Hi just returned from another delightfull stay at Mythos Apps. Good clean place,( as last year was also ) hired a car,and traveled all over the island . cant wait untill next year to go back to Kos ,and the Mythos apps

Cardiff, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which one to pick Mythos or Mayflower please help

I've been to Tigaki several times. Both are o.k. but i think Thomson is getting to expensive if you consider it with other free internet sellers.

Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations