We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

redhouse bar

Which Tigaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Freshwater, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
redhouse bar

is the redhouse rock and blues bar still open, it seems the web site has closed. we had some great times there in 08 and 09

Freshwater, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: redhouse bar

?

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: redhouse bar

it was open last july so my brother told me he went last year, dont now if it will be this year

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: redhouse bar

Gotta say, a lot of places have closed down in Tingaki. Restaurants and bars are finding it difficult to survive nowadays, mostly due to the all inclusive hotels i think. Don't know about the one you mention though.

BOB...

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: redhouse bar

Hello bobthebus. You're getting me worried now. We are in Tingaki for two weeks from 15th September. Hope we're not coming to somewhere too quiet. Can someone please reasure me?

Cheers

Denise.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: redhouse bar

i think tingaki is quiet we are going on the 18th june so will let u know last year the tavernas were busy but the bars werent i think its the same where ever you go. but was ok,. if u want more people about u can go into kos town for a few nights bus it in and get a taxi back. or go up to zia one night and have a meal up there

england
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: redhouse bar

we will be in Tingaki in may , so i will also let you know

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: redhouse bar

Sorry, didn't mean to put you off Doris.

I didn't go to tingaki last year, but the year before there were quite a few tavernas and shops that were boarded up.

However, there were still plenty of places to eat and drink.

It's a case of survival of the fittest. those that managed to survive the initial storm, as it were, will probably still be there.

Tingaki is a lovely place to go with a beautifl beach.

I normally go in September too.

Hope you have a great time.

BOB...

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: redhouse bar

Hi. Thanks for your replies. Still looking forward to our holiday. It's such a shame tavernas are suffering due to AI. Personally, I wouldn't go AI. Not in Greece anyway. Just couldn't imagine missing out on all the delicious Greek fayre. I know the hotels also cater, but I don't think the atmosphere is there. Maybe i'm wrong. Just love ambling along, finding a bar and having an ice cold Mythos. Ambling again and finding a nice taverna for a meal. Just love it! Went to Pefkos in Rhodes last year, first two weeks in October. Obviously it was going to be quiter than July and August but still ticked along just nicely. A lot of the bars were quiet, but the one we used was packed every night. About three tavernas closed for the season while we were there. Anyway enough rambling. Please report back.

Cheers

Denise.

P.S. Do they have stuffed tomatoes filled with mince in Kos?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: redhouse bar

Yes stuffed tomatoes and peppers and very delicious they are to! We are off to Tingaki for the second year running in June. The odd taverna was closed last year but not so you would notice. It is a wonderful place.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: redhouse bar

Yes stuffed tomatoes and peppers and very delicious they are to! We are off to Tingaki for the second year running in June. The odd taverna was closed last year but not so you would notice. It is a wonderful place.

Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations