We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fili Apartments Tingaki

merseyside
9 posts
Save Topic
Fili Apartments Tingaki

Hi, Me and my boyfriend are looking to go to Tingaki in May. I am just wondering what the nightlife is like? Also the hotel we might be staying in is Fili Apartments does anyone know what these are like and if they are nice an how close to the beach/bars are?

Thanks

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

I stayed in Odessa apts(was next to Fili,but since closed) in 1998.Fili is about 3 miles from Tingaki center-along coast rd to Kos Town.Very,Very quiet area.If you want bars,you'll have to walk/bus/taxi every night.We stayed at Marianna apts last june-you'd be much better staying in center of Tingaki.Enough bars in center,some more expensive than others.Rendezvous(Colin the Welshman) is a nice cheap bar.Make your choice wisely.Cheers!

Edited: 15 March 2012, 16:19
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,120 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

Sorry, I don't think Fili is that far away - it's about 2.5km from Tigaki roundabout. A long way, certainly, but not 3 miles!

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

Steve-having ran it back & fro,I'd say the most one way was approx 3 miles.It's far more than your guess of 2.5km(1.5 Miles) one way.Anyhow a little too far at night,I think we'd agree. Gives me another reason to go back & measure it! Cheers!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,120 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

I cheated - I looked on Google earth!!

merseyside
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

I have read a few reviews that have said it's quite a distance so we are going to look other places maybe turkey or just another part of Greece. Thank You for your help :)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,120 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

@leac, no problem - there are penty of places closer to Tingaki centre, if you need any more help please ask.

@Scarletrugby, Rendezvous sounds good, will have to pop in when there in May.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 23:35
merseyside
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

We don't actually mind where we go we are just looking for a cheap holiday that is not to far out from the beach/bars.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

In Tigaki you could also look at Marianna, Kalloudis, Sunshine (not Sunny Days), Aspro Spiti, Mythos, Akti Dimmys, or Miros which is about half way between Fili and the centre. If you want to travel independently and are not bothered about having a pool then there is Villa Athena, owned by Nikos and Louise of Theokritos Travel (next to Miros), or Sagittarius owned by Manos and Donna (next to Marianna). You can use the pools next door.

www.theokritostravel.gr

www.sagittariuskos.com/main.asp?id=1&lg=1

Edited: 16 March 2012, 07:49
oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

Hey there leac770. You will not go wrong with Tingaki. It's a lovely place. Have you been to Greece before? IMHO much better than Turkey. marg is more in the know than myself about where to stay. The beach is lovely. Plenty of traditional eating places and lovely bars (quizzes. karaoke, cocktails), or just having a quiet drink. Whatever takes your fancy really.

Cheers

Denise.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fili Apartments Tingaki

@ steve (#4 &#6) no problems- take a walk along the coastal road & beyond when your there & enjoy.! Cheers.

Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations