We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

Which Tigaki hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

We would very much like to go to the Marianna Apartments in Tingaki, from 1 October to 11 October this year for 10 nights having been there for 9 nights in June this year. I have been watching the prices for quite a while and they have never been cheaper than June, which I personally find very odd.

Can anyone give me an explanation as to why 7 nights costs £777, 10 nights costs £752 and here is the best one 14 nights costs £663!!!!

Unfortunately due to certain commitments we cannot go for 14 nights. I have written to Easyjet regarding their price structure and am awaiting a reply.

Does anybody happen to know if there is anything that can be done about this ridiculous way of pricing?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Marian

Edited: 06 September 2012, 14:03
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

What's ridiculous about it? It's nothing to do with the duration of the holiday; what actually matters is the cost of the flight on the particular day. It's all down to easyJet's fluid pricing and if a flight is more expensive on a particular day, it's because there are fewer available seats on that flight.

If you can be flexible, you'll see that you can save nearly £70 a seat by flying on the 3rd October instead of the 1st.

London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

I can see nothing ridiculous about my question. I have just looked and for the 3 October the price is coming in for two of us at £744 as opposed to £752 on the 1 October. May be I should have made myself clearer and said it was for two people including transfers, 2 pieces of hold luggage and of course the hotel. You are probably going on the price of flight only.

Marian

London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

I see nothing ridiculous about it! I have just looked up for the 3 October for 10 nights and it is coming in at £744 as opposed to £752. May be I should have made myself clearer and said it was for 2 people, including 2 pieces of hold luggage and transfers and obviously accommodation. I am sorry but under these circumstances, I cannot accept what you say. I do understand about fluid pricing but I am talking about a package deal.

Edited: 06 September 2012, 18:33
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

<<Does anybody happen to know if there is anything that can be done about this ridiculous way of pricing?>>

I think it is part of the capitalist system of supply and demand... so probably nothing you can do about it short of a revolution!

You should think yourself lucky you can go out of school holidays, and for 'ridiculous 'pricing, have a look at 1 week versus 2 week holidays leaving on the last weekend of May. 2 week ones are often hundreds of pounds cheaper than 1 week ones, purely because most schools only have 1 week off at that time. So the price of the extra 7 nights accommodation, which as often quoted on these forums can be as low as £8 per night, is more than offset by the much lower price of the return flight when far fewer people can travel.

In your example presumably EJ know that many people will want to leave Kos before the 15th October in case the weather changes or the resorts get too quiet, hence they entice people in with a lower price.

Edited: 06 September 2012, 19:12
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

I didn't say that your question was ridiculous. You used the word ridiculous to describe easyJet's pricing strategy and I just happened to disagree.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

If you are doing a late booking and the tour operator is using Easyjet then your holiday reflects the price that EJ charge. They do not bulk buy the seats as they used to do.

The Tour Operators who have their own planes can plan the charges differently.

It is the flexibility that sometimes can be worked to your advantage to reduce the cost.

7. Re: Has Anybody Got an Answer to this Question??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations