We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

Hi, I have visited Tingaki for many years now, the last visit however was 2 years ago.. I am planning a holiday there again in April or May of next year. I will be travelling with my teenager daughter and 2 younger children....

I have previously stayed at the Marianna, Mayflower and Mythos... all wonderful places to stay I am considering the Mythos again but the Mayflower is to far and the marianna cannot cater for the 4 of us in 1 room which is a shame..

I would love as many people to comment on where you have stayed good or bad. I know i'm a year ahead but its been a long time coming and as soon as on-line bookings start for next year I want to book it that day.

Any upto date info on Tingaki would be great, costs now any changes etc... I love it there it was my 2nd home until i got divorced...

any input will be really really appreciated

TIA

London
Level Contributor
543 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

Hi there

We stay at the Marianna. Cannot beat it and have also stayed at the Mythos, but we deifinitely prefer the Marianna. Have you asked about their apartments, I think they might sleep four of you. An apartment will obviously be slightly dearer, but might be worth it if you book as early as you would like too. Just a thought.

We booked the Marianna for this June the day Easyjet Holidays prices were announced (September 2012) and got a price of £396 for 2 of us, plus 2 pieces of hold luggage and transfers. It is now over £700!!

Best of luck

Marian

Edited: 11 March 2013, 12:59
staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

Hi yea we have stayed at the mayflower it is nice but a bit far to walk to beach and bars in the heat. We stayed at the mythos last year love it there for me its in one of the best places .

Another place we have stayed in and love is akti dimmys on the beach front they do have larger rooms but not many no package deals book with booking . Com another nice hotel but more money though is meni beach they have familly rooms again only a few also with bookings. Com or through there own web site

Karen

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,926 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

I stayed at Miros last May with some friends. We all had a studio each, but they do have apartments for 4, and they are very reasonably priced:

http://miros-apartments.com/1.html

We booked through Olympic, but clearly you can do it independently as well.

They are 50m from the sea, about 100m from the wider part of the beach, and about 10 minutes walk away from the roundabout (towards Kos Town). I cannot fault them in any way.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

You could look at the Kalloudis I have a feeling that they may have larger apartments.

feltham
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

hi mimsy, try the tingaki star very clean, but also as you have plenty of time try booking your flight and stay seperately, easy jet start their flights for next year in november, i got 3 weeks in august for £92 return, i looked at flight in may for this year for £59 return you wont get cheaper. Gary

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

Thank You for your replies

I have started to have a look at different apartments, ideally I'm looking at being in the middle of it all, as such, so i'm swaying towards the Mythos if i'm honest... if i didn't have my 2 little ones i would probably try and book it all separately but the package deals make life so much easier when travelling with younger ones!! so i think i will stick with what i know... its looking at around £1,300 for 4 of us in april/may so not to bad i suppose.

if anyone has any other experiences/thoughts post them pls i enjoy reading the feedback on tingaki

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

Good choice mythos very short walk from the beach. the mythos also so does halfboard in there taverna not had it myself but when we were there last year some said it was good value for money evning meal is the choice from there taverns menu ( but not steak )think it was 99 euros each it does tell you all about it on the back off the door in the apartment you book it with the mythos when there. We found there kleftiko the best we had in tingaki there other meals were very nice we ate there about 3 times in the 2weeks also had snacks round the pool which were nice . great setting the taverns at the front of the hotel

lancashire
Level Contributor
53 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

We have been to Tingaki quite a few times. Stayed at the Marianna, Sagittarius ,Akti Dimmys and Sunshine Apartments. I priced up flights in 2012 for June 2013 and found them expensive compared to a package holiday booked through Olympic Holidays. Two weeks booked back last July- £375 for two weeks self catering in June this year and flights on their own were more than that.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

Also try meni beach they are nice only 100mtrs from the main squire roundabout beach

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay??? reasonably priced???

We are returning to Tingaki agan this year,two weeks in June and then again for four weeks August/September.We have always stayed at the Hotel Angela Appartments.Never have we stayed anywhere as friendly.Nikki and George the owners,Paul and Dave who work in the bar/restaurant and also provide most of the entertainment,Jean who also works there,and even the cleaner bend over backwards and do all they can to make your holiday as good as possible.Everyone staying at the Angela gets to know each other and it's like one big happy family,with many guests returning time after time and meeting up again.The appartments are self catering,but the food in the hotel restaurant is second to none with a wide choice of both Greek and English dishes at very reasonable prices.Many people that are staying elsewhere use the restaurant and also come for the entertainment.Give the Angela a try,I don't think you will be dissapointed.I think you can only book through Olympic Holidays.

Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations