We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trips

Manchester
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boat trips

Hi all. I am visiting kos for the first time in early June staying at the Marianna with my partner and our 18 month old son plus her parents. We like to do the boat trips, can any of you recommend the best ones and were to book them. Also little worried about the mozzi's for my son. Does anyone know what its like at the Marianna with them at night.

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trips

There a three island cruise that's worth doing, good day out.

The mozzies will get anywhere if you let them. Get a couple of plug in mossie machines to use overnight, they work well. We always use them.

BOB...

Manchester
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trips

Thanks Bob I am off out to buy some tomorrow.

Stu

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trips

For trips have a look at Theokritos Travel, owned by Louise and Nicos. Their office is just down the road from the Marianna towards the beach. Louise is also very knowledgeable and helpful if you have any other questions.

http://www.theokritostravel.gr/

As for mozzies, they are more of a problem in the evening, don't use anything perfumed on your son or yourselves and use an anti-mozzie suitable for children. Agree with Bob about the plug-ins, use them from late afternoon/early evening to discourage the little blighters from coming into your room and do not open windows and doors when your lights are on.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat trips

I second the reccomendation for Theokritos Travel, I've used them loads since I first went to Kos in 2006. I've stayed at the Marianna for the last 2 years and have never had a problem with the mosquitos. Keep the windows and doors closed from dusk, use a plug in - there should be one already in your room. Have a wonderful time.

Manchester
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat trips

Thank you for your replies. 2 week tomorrow and we'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Stu

preston
Level Contributor
206 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat trips

Three Islands trip is amazing, and a great way to see Pserimos, a little bit of paradise.

manchester
Level Contributor
214 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat trips

Hi, I would recommend Theokritos Travel too to book your trips with. Louise is a lovely lady. Last time I was there I went in, to ask for advice about a trip. She was very helpful and even loaned me a book about the history of an island I wanted to visit.

I also echo what others have said about the mozzies. Follow that advice and you should be ok. Have a great time in Tigaki…

Jan

8. Re: Boat trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Tigaki
Recent Conversations