We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

I'm not the best traveller, and having been to Puerto Rico a few years ago, recall there being some fairly steep roads and sheer drops along the way, which wasn't great for me.

Can someone tell me what its like getting to Mogan - are the roads good quality, any tight corners etc etc. I know its a means to an end, but would rather know beforehand what to expect.

Thanks.

Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

It's now motorway all the way to Puerto Rico so that cuts down the twist and turns but it is still narrow roads to Mogan.

Sit on the right hand side of the bus or taxi and that way you are looking inland rather than out to sea along the cliff tops.

Belfast
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

I was worried about this as well especially as I'm not the best flyer and after getting off the plane you don't really get time for your stomach to settle.

We had booked with Thomson and had a pre-arranged transfer which was great when we arrived, we had a small bus only going to taurito and mogan it was motorways for most of the journey, however once we got to taurito going to mogan it got slightly more steep etc. However this was nothing compared to puerto rico..

At this point i started to get our hotel confirmation and passports sorted to take my mind off it and distract myself..

However on the way back we had to pick up others around puerto rico and were on a large coach for a long time and i felt quite ill, so if your on tour operator transfers you might consider arranging your own transport back to the airport.

Otherwise have a great holiday and enjoy Mogan its wonderful!

playa mogan
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

The new motorway from puerto rico, Tauro end to Puerto de Mogan has just started to be built, it is going on 24/7, 2 tunnels all the way through the mountains coming out in the valley of mogan just past the petrol station. It will be 4 years before it is completely finished. 2 years into Taurito, from Puerto de Mogan end. There will be a slip road into and out of Taurito opened first.

That will cut the hairy journey off completely. You can in the meantime always come in and out by Ferry from Puerto rico.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

I agree with RUTHIEBABIE sit on the right side going ,left when returning .You could try a night mask ,put it on once off the motorway ,people will think you are just tired or resting your eyes .

But whatever you do ,have a fantastic holiday

bolton uk
Level Contributor
406 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

we went from maspolanas to mogan on the bus

it scared the hell out of me lol

wouldnt get the bus back, so took the boat to porta rico and got the bus back from there

and i dont like being on boats too lol

6. Re: What's the journey from the AIrport to Mogan like.....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan