We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
co.cork
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

please can any body tell me if there are buses and taxis available from near this hotel to Amadoras and what kind of prices are we talking about--- thanks for your help

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,260 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

Yes you can catch several buses from P. Mogan to Amadores and back. Bus terminus is located just back behind the bigger Spar supermarket, just a stroll from your hotel. Numbers 01, 32, 33, all stop at Playa Amadores.

I guess a taxi would be in the region of 18-20 euros each way, buses dirt cheap !!!

http://www.globalsu.net/en/lineas.php

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

GO BUS ...........sit right as you face the front going imo best side for the views left as you return .On a bus your that bit higher up so you see more .Have a fantasic time

surrey
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

You could also get the ferry into Puerto Rico (10 euros return or 6 euros one way) and take the beautiful walkway into Amadores.

co.cork
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

thank-you------the ferry sounds a good idea

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

The ferrys are great as fussy says ,the best for you would be the green and white "Salmone Linus "as these go into the port which is nearer to the sea front walk way ,the blue and white run into the marina which is further round .

As you disembark from the ferry onto the port just walk back till the road veres to the right .Big Red speed boat runs from the corner .Once at the corner you will see a slope up to the sea wall the walk round to Amadores is about 20/25 mins and mainly flat till you head down on the last stretch ,some may find this a bit much coming back up if they have walking disabilities .Remember though last ferry round to Mogan is about 5pm so check times ,you could if you wanted to stay longer get the ferry one way and a bus back .I wouldnt worry to much about carrying loads of food drink around with you as there are some really nice bars and restraunts down there ,and a few mini markets .

I hope this helps you to have a fantastic time

co.cork
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

fantastic info onelegnofeet--will be saving this thank-you

surrey
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

Thank you oneleg,

I knew I could rely on you to give proper directions into Amadores. You know what my sat nav is like!!!!!!!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

Its nice to be of use ,but are my directions correct ,or just a cunning plan to get you acosted by time share touts .........only kidding Brenella ,i once sent Fussy57 directions about Puerto Rico and missed off about where the touts stood !!!! Spent 4 weeks on the naughty step .

Just so you know the touts do tend to stand just off the port near to the beach ,but there should be none along the route to Amadores

Not sure of who is in your party ,but if anyones into crazy golf on Amadores at the Mogan end is what i think is the best crazy golf in PR ,even better on an evening when lit up .Do be aware that on the seafront walk way there are no lights once you leave the beach area till you reach Gloria Palace ,so if its dark either catch a taxi or bus back .I must admit i did not know about the lights till Grancanariaenfermera told me .......Naughty step again !!!

If you have children with you and they are bored of the beach ,sea ,blue skies and white sand of Amadores (how could they ) but again near to the crazy golf theres a playpark ,watch out though the slide does get HOT!!!

co.cork
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

thank- you oneleg-- you and fussy make a great team : ) -- no children with us taking a break until gran/kids come along -- maybe in a few years :)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buses and taxis from hotel cordial playa mogan

No no children with me and Fussy either LOL (fussy breathes sigh of relief) ................Truely have a fantastic holiday ,give us a report back when your back ,thats if you dont hide and stay .

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan