We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport to/from airport

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport to/from airport

Previous thread now inactive, so has anyone used this option ? We are (relatively !) young, fit, and well travelled so not too put off using local bus etc. Also planning to have no 'hold' luggage so straight out the airport with 2 carry on cases and onto a bus, hopefully.

Thanks Mondeo1 for the timetable info - anyone know if this info is still valid for October, and prices ?

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport to/from airport

Hi KFF,i take it you mean the bus to Puerto Mogan ,Firstly i would not advise using the bus to anyone with children in tow or a load of luggage .For the fastest bus service south you need to catch the "91 Directo " on the Autopista (motorway ) you need to come out of arrivals ,go across the car park and down the slip road exit (take care as its not all foot path ) go through the underpass and as you come out left hand path up to the auto pista bus shelter is a short way in front of you .I would recommend that because there are a few buses whizzing along if you cant see the numbers stop each one ,make sure the other person is looking for any buses coming along behind ,They do travell in PACKS !!!LOL .Once on the bus ,and before i forget the last timetable etc that Mondeo (on holiday at the moment) put on here it was all correct and bus fare only ever increase by a few cents in the last 10 years its gone up about 2 euros .Anyway once on the bus you can get off really in two places Puerto rico or Taurito as the bus does not go all the way through .Best i feel is Puerto rico ,you will know you are at this bus station as the bus comes in on one side ,drops people off ,then does a U Turn to the other side to pick up .The reason i say use PRico is you will have more chance of getting a seat ,if you use Taurito the bus maybe full after picking up in PRico and Amadores .

If you want seaviews along the way sit on the left facing the driver ,the drivers are really helpful so if your unsure just ask them to give you a shout for your stops .Many do call out in anycase for each resort .

You dont mention arrivals times ,so make sure buses are an option ,if its a Friday ,mogans Market day the buses will be extremely busy so make sure you change in PRico.

I hope this helps ,and have a fantastic time .

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport to/from airport

So if i'm reading all the info correctly, we can get the 91 Directo from the Autopista, with a change at Puerto Rico - onto which service ?

Or we can get the 66 from the arrivals hall, with a change at San Agustin onto the number 1 service to Puerto Mogan.

Does this then confirm that there is no direct service between the airport and Puerto Mogan ?

What are the journey timings of the respective options please ?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport to/from airport

http://www.globalsu.net/es/buscador.php

91 to puerto Rico from airport, motorway stop - no buses are allowed into the airport area at the moment.

or the No.1 will take you all the way but its a slow service and stops alot

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport to/from airport

91 directo takes approx 35/40 minutes to Puerto Rico ,and once your on the mogan bus anther 20/25 depending on stops .Cant advise on the 66 as i have not used it .

the Number 1 as GCE says takes forever imo loads of stops in various places ,vecendario,PDI ,Maspalomas ,arguineguin and loads of little villages along the way if memory serves me well nearly 2 hours ,But that said its a more scenic way that runs along the coast line to Puerto Rico .

The bus service from Puerto Rico will have Puerto Mogan on the front think its the number 1 .There is a small stone office next to the bus stop which is info and they can speak english so will advise you of definate number .

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport to/from airport

Cheers for the info guys, it gives us the option.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport to/from airport

EEEEKKKK!!! i have just seen another of your posts and you say your wife is pregnant may i then suggest a taxi ,my reasoning is the distance to walk to the autopista through the car parks ,no shade 30+ degree temps no real comfort at the bus stop ,please excuse my input on this but it could be a little much .Even if you get the other bus options at some point you will be out in the heat and maybe standing for a while awaiting connections .But if you do decide on the bus at least make sure your wife has plenty of liquids available for this part of your trip .

Please dont take this as a lecture ,just a caring post .Hope you have a fantastic time

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport to/from airport

Ha Ha ! Are you clairvoyant ?

I have just had the same conversation with my wife. If it was as easy as jumping on a bus outside arrivals, then we would probably have gone for it, but with the changes etc it has become a no-no, but thank you for being interested enough for the warning !

My wife said, "If you think I'm going to......" You can imagine the rest !

We just like to be as 'independant' as possible, and if we would take a bus in Scotland, then why not take a bus in Gran Canaria/Greece etc.....

Please be assured that the comfort and safety of wife and bump is at the top of my list :D

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Public transport to/from airport

The buses are really great ,cheap in comparison to the UK and the drivers are helpful .Great between the resorts in your circumstances but the airport run well ........i would never advise this if you have luggage ,with kids luggage and pushchairs etc ,not the journey but getting from airport to the bus stop .Take Care and have a brilliant holiday .

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Public transport to/from airport

Can anyone tell me whether or not I'd have to buy a ticket to Puerto Rico and another to Puerto de Morgan or is there a 'direct' fare, so to speak? Even though I'd be taking two separate buses?

Any idea on the actual fare as well?

Thanks

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,295 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Public transport to/from airport

We are travelling to Puerto Rico on 13th December and have just booked a shuttle bus transfer from the airport. We booked with www.travelrepublic.com and are paying £7.05 for BOTH of us, from the airport to our accomodation. Used them before with no problems.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
Recent Conversations