We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather April, anybody just back???

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather April, anybody just back???

Hi Guys, Anybody just back from Puerto De Mogan? We are heading there on the 5th of April. How was the weather? Sunny with clear skies I hope! What was the temperature? We are staying in the Cordial Morgan Valle apartments.

Thank you for your replies!

Layla

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

I'm here now - in fact I live here, not in Puerto Mogan though.

Its hot, very hot and sunny, blue skies and hot.

From the 5th April predicted a little cloudy on the 6th, early morning then sunny sunny sunny

Edited: 31 March 2011, 16:22
uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

Hi, just wondering as you live there, if there is any more information on the new building works yet? We are planning to be there in June and are wondering at which end of the resort they will start first. We stayed at the hotel last year and we thrilled with the peace and quiet and cleanliness of the place. We're just hoping it won't be ruined by views of cranes and noisy trucks. ;0(

uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

Hi, just wondering as you live there, if there is any more information on the new building works yet? We are planning to be there in June and are wondering at which end of the resort they will start first. We stayed at the hotel last year and we thrilled with the peace and quiet and cleanliness of the place. We're just hoping it won't be ruined by views of cranes and noisy trucks. ;0(

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

The building works for the new hotel have not yet started. Sorrry cant give you a definate date on them. They will be opposite the Cordial Valle all the way along to the football ground when they start. I live in the valley of Mogan just past the petrol station and the new motorway tunnels, which are just before the garden centre. I will post on here once they start up moving the cranes on and so on.

uk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

Thanks paulmogan. We only 'discovered' the place last year but found it utterly charming. I suppose like everyone we are bitter/sweet about the development of Mogan. Great for the local economy but sad about the necessary building, noise, mess etc. I hope you eventually get the type of resort the area deserves.

east coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

Thank you,grancanariaen.I asked a similar question about the weather yesterday i have just spotted your reply .I was concerned as someone posted yesterday Calima conditions ,but by what you have said "blue skies" the info must be wrong ?Or can you get a calima just down the road in Mogan and not in P.Rico ?seems strange .Thanks in advance

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

the weather can be different from valley to valley. Rains and wind in the north and only 45 mins down the motorway, hot sun and blue skies.

So far its just lovely and hot but the air isnt hot which is when I count it as a calima. When the horizon is hazy then its usually a calima coming through. As the start temep are slightly lower at the mo' then a calima just feels like a hot spell really. Its in July/August when the start temp's are already high and a calima shoots up the temp and its unbearable

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,130 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

Calima's can effect 1 and in fact all of the islands at any one time. A Calima is not a wind it is a drifting pocket of trapped hot air laiden with dust that eminates across in the Sahara desert in Western Africa. This pocket of air usually drifts across the island/s and out into the Atlantic sometimes reaching the Caribbean and the America's. They can sit in area for days at a time or just a few hours and are virtually unpredictable. They cause the temperatures to soar upwards which makes for an uncomfortable time with everything getting coating in dust and the sun is often hazed out. 50C has to be experienced phew, and is not uncommon during these periods. !!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saharan_Air_Layer

east coast
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

Thank you both (DEs ) for your prompt replies .I was concerned although i deal with high temps okay ,Calimas do give me breathing problems .On the post i read it said Mogan was having a Calima ,and that it was filled with out spill from Japan though when asked on that thread the poster declined to post a link as to where the details had been seen .All very worry if infact not true .I have tried to catch as many on line papers from Spain ,Cannaries etc but nothing is mentioned .So many thanks you have made me feel so much better ,but will pack a scarf for around my mouth just in case .

Please DEs keep up the great work

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather April, anybody just back???

In Puerto and the valley of Mogan today and yesterday, sky not as bright blue as normal. a bit muggy due to the mild calima and hotter than usual.

It was reported on Canarian tv news and a spanish newspaper the day before yesterday, that we were due a calima this weekend with particles of radiation from japan. All the Canarians were talking about it and were worried.

The weather here can be different within a few miles.

We do get sirrocos as well, where we have the sand and extreme heat with wind all at the same time. Not as often as the no wind Calima s though,.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan