We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HSE
North East
Level Contributor
500 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Hi, staying at Cordial Mogan Playa in 2 weeks and wanting to visit other resorts whilst there, is Puerto Rico a boat ride away and if so how far? Also, can you get to Playa Taurito by taxi and again if so how far please?

Thanks, Helen

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Hi

There are regular ferry services too and from Puerto Rico. Times vary depending on the company you use. I can't say I have ever timed it but much less than an hour.

Its about 4 miles to Taurito by winding road, much less as the crow flies and you could get a taxi from the hotel or down at the port.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Hi HSE ,Puerto Rico you can access by ferry ,which takes about 20 mins going as it cuts along the coast line coming back a little longer as it tends to vere a bit further out .Local bus run to PR (and beyond ! sounds like Buzz Lightyear !!!) they run quite regular .Taurito is in the next valley round from Puerto Rico heading towards Mogan again you can get there via bus .Fares are very reasonable ,cant say how much as i havent used them that way on for years ,prefering the ferry but i would imagine under 2 euros each way .The journey takes approx 25/30 mins depending on traffic and stops on the PR to Mogan ,about 10 mins less on the taurito drop off .

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
500 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Thank you for your info, it's nice to get out and see other places so we can choose where to stay next time!!!!

Thanks, Helen

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Hello again Helen,

When you go into Puerto Rico on the ferry I would recommend a walk along the path to Amadores.

As I am hopeless at giving directions I am hoping oneleg will be back on here to help me out!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Just to help Fuss57 out !!!!lol...........there are two ferry companies that go to and from Puerto Mogan ,Blue bird (blue and white painted ) head into the marina at P.Rico ,Linues Salmone( green and white) sail into the port ( a slightly shorter ride ) but should you decide to go to Amadores beach best to catch a green and white ferry once you get off the ferry head along the quayside till it turns to the right ,Big Red speed boat is moored on the corner .At the corner to your left is a slope up to the sea front walkway from here its approx 25 mins walk ,going past Gloria Palace .The only issue with the walk "for some" is that on the last stretch it desends down to Amadores more of a problem coming back though .

Amadores is beautiful ,but man made ,with white sand brought in from Mexico .Lots of bars and nice restaurants ,small beach/tourist shops ,and a few small shops selling food and drink .So really no need to over load bags with food and drink etc ,just enjoy the beautiful walk .....

Now a warning about the port ....you will see just after the corner a row of shops ,but really one to avoid at all costs is the Asian electrical shops.They are nasty ,hardsell people .They will try to shake hands and then take a firm grip to force you into the shop......they have been known to block the doorway or lock the door behind prospective customers .Its tat ,its fake ,and nothing thats priced ends up as it seems .SO AVOID !!!..............this said sadly there are a couple of good shopkeepers there and this is telling on their trade .But its hard to avoid the Asian electrical shop to look at the others .

HSE
North East
Level Contributor
500 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Wow thanks for that tip about the shop! Will definetly try the walk along to Amadores as I wanted to check out the RIU Hotel there too, sounds like a nice thing to do so again thank you, very much looking forward to exploring and relaxing at the hotel!

Fingers crossed for blue skies!

Thanks again, Helen

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Helen, if you are speaking of the Riu Vistamar, you may be lucky enough to catch their bus up to the hotel from the beach! It's a courtesy bus that runs at regular intervals as the hotel is quite a climb up the cliff top otherwise.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 21:39
Petersfield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

Gosh reading the previous comments it sounds like the place is overrun by the mafia! Why don't you hire a car car at the airport and then drive whereever you want? the best place to watch the sunset is Tauro-drive in front of rest. Guantanamo-can't forget that name and onto the beach front-very pebbly but you're not there to sunbathe! and park up at rest Vista Mar for the best tapas and sunset. There is a bus service which runs round the entire coast but not sure how often although having stayed in PM it seems very regular. Otherwise get the bus into Puerto Rico although it seems to me like a massive housing estate with no soul and no facilities! don't waste your time on Amadores its overpriced and soulless x

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

One shop !!!! Over run ..............................???

surrey
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Puert Rico and Playa Taurito from Mogan

harrySheet,

It's a pity you haven't read other threads on here because then you would know that the OP is a nervous traveller by road so to suggest hiring a car would be ludicrous. The ferry, rather than the bus into Puerto Rico, was also suggested for the same reason.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan